Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reserve question please answer asap!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reserve question please answer asap!!

Ok.... we are applying for an FHA loan got pre qualified put an offer in on a home etc we have reserves in the bank but here is my concern "unsourced" deposits.  feb/march statement shows checks being deposited from work, t=our tax refund being deposited and a deposit for 2 or 3k which was from my work but i had to go out and buy a big screen tv a grill and a blu ray player to give out as door prizes fora  ccontest i was running at work. The next statement March/april shows my work check deposits, and a deposit for 3994 that my wife made, it was 900 dollars from a yard sale we had last week and the rest was money from our wedding, birthday and xmas gifts we have saved over the years. Our neighbors home was broken into and they took everything she got nervous and deposited it because after years of me telling her it wasnt safe to keep cash inthe house she finally got it. What issue will I have? I appreciate anything!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reserve question please answer asap!!

The work thing should be fine, just explain it clearly that the money was basicly reimbursement for expenses she covered and if possible show the receipts or the PO/invoice for the items if needed.

The cash under the mattress they may not allow to be counted if you close within 2 banking periods of that deposit.   The explanation for the deposits will still be needed and it will be up to the UW whether or not they allow that $ to be used.  They usually only wil count deposits with some sort of paper trail to prevent someone from loaning you the money, etc.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reserve question please answer asap!!

We are going FHa as well. We have our inspection on Friday. Reserves means money that is needed to show that you could make your house payment, etc...correct? My LO didnt explain this to me or say that we needed to show that we had anything extra in the bank. This is truly a learning experience!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.