cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revelate's home buying - here we go!

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Revelate's home buying - here we go!

@Anonymous wrote:

Great update!  I'm ready for someone to close so be can party Smiley Happy

no no seriously very cool things are moving along for you. What a journey! 

Oh there will be alchohol and an inaugural run involved I'm sure hah.  Well maybe with a day in between Smiley Happy.

The process seems to be going pretty well; I got some more escrow paperwork to sign yesterday (receipt of title contigency) but that's about it outstanding and can drop that in the mail tomorrow easily.

The only hurdle I see is the title and that might be a doozy depending who's involved and what it takes to resolve it.  Figure the only one that wins by dragging it out any in this case is the estate lawyer =/.  My only recourse if this all falls apart might be small claims court for my fees given they clearly knew about the issue before we went down this road... I'm hoping but paperwork mistakes can be a challenge and this one was more than a "oopsie" when it comes to the status of an asset in or out of a living trust of someone now deceased.

I am taking no news as good news at this point on the lender front though; sideways poked my lender by giving him an update on the Fidelity transfer, simple reply of "thanks" and nothing beyond that.  No need to really go poking the bear in that direction yet with the elephant still in the living room... an entirely too appropos metaphor in this case.

        
Message 81 of 219
CS800
Super Contributor

I was reading through your thread Rev. It's a learning process for sure.

The frustrating part is when you know more than the loan officer on some items and they refuse to accept it.

When do you close?

Message 82 of 219
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CS800 wrote:

The frustrating part is when you know more than the loan officer on some items and they refuse to accept it.

When do you close?

The target closing date is 7/7.   Fingers are crossed, really hate the process in general

        
Message 83 of 219
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

When do you close?

The target closing date is 7/7.   Fingers are crossed, really hate the process in general

I'm very happy for you, and at the same time so jealous!  

Message 84 of 219
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

When do you close?

I'm very happy for you, and at the same time so jealous!  

You'll be there shortly from the sounds of it Smiley Happy.

I just got a mountain of paperwork dumped on me today, bleck.  All I really want is the clear title at this point heh.  Surprised how many various groups take fees along the way.

        
Message 85 of 219
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Ahaha, great news today: title issue allegedly resolved and should have documentation of that fact on Monday!  Confirmation earlier today that the loan is in fact in UW now (expected, not sure when it went in).

Poking lender about Tuesday's appraisal, what should be last paperwork that Escrow company wants in mail tomorrow, insurance paperwork to lender at same time since I just received the CCR.  Pretty permissive CCR, boiled down to "don't do anything stupid, and don't bother anyone else, and we don't care."  Beyond that just have to prove source of funds and that should be about it barring UW requests.

One funny benefit to an expensive HOA, the management company has a flat fee, small arbitrage play on one of my 2% default spenders heh.

        
Message 86 of 219
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea! Don't go crazy apping for CCs now 😜 

True story: my LO said one deal didn't close because buyers went and bought new car right before closing. DOh 😳

Message 87 of 219
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Revelate wrote:

Ahaha, great news today: title issue allegedly resolved and should have documentation of that fact on Monday!  Confirmation earlier today that the loan is in fact in UW now (expected, not sure when it went in).

Poking lender about Tuesday's appraisal, what should be last paperwork that Escrow company wants in mail tomorrow, insurance paperwork to lender at same time since I just received the CCR.  Pretty permissive CCR, boiled down to "don't do anything stupid, and don't bother anyone else, and we don't care."  Beyond that just have to prove source of funds and that should be about it barring UW requests.

One funny benefit to an expensive HOA, the management company has a flat fee, small arbitrage play on one of my 2% default spenders heh.

^^^How refreshing! I am going to have to move to where the condo's are permissive, it sounds so nice. Smiley Tongue

Message 88 of 219
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

^^^How refreshing! I am going to have to move to where the condo's are permissive, it sounds so nice. Smiley Tongue

Well from your description HOA's in Florida are utterly out of control; however, this one's permissive even from California standards as near as I can tell.  Zero restrictions on renting out the place which is really unusual as an example, just let them know the new tenant, new contact information, and they have the right to walk the place to see if any unauthorized alterations have been done.  

Anyway got more good news today, Appraisal came back precisely at offer price so other than the negotiation over seller credits to fix some of the dumb stuff in it, there's no sticking point that I'm aware of assuming I can get through UW successfully.  

Have a lot more hope of this actually going through than where I was at the beginning of the week at least Smiley Happy.  

        
Message 89 of 219
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

Well from your description HOA's in Florida are utterly out of control; however, this one's permissive even from California standards as near as I can tell.  Zero restrictions on renting out the place which is really unusual as an example, just let them know the new tenant, new contact information, and they have the right to walk the place to see if any unauthorized alterations have been done.  

Anyway got more good news today, Appraisal came back precisely at offer price so other than the negotiation over seller credits to fix some of the dumb stuff in it, there's no sticking point that I'm aware of assuming I can get through UW successfully.  

Have a lot more hope of this actually going through than where I was at the beginning of the week at least Smiley Happy.  

I'm so happy for you, Rev! Last week was brutal. I'm so glad things are looking up!

Marlena

Message 90 of 219
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.