Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP CLI before mortgage app

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SP CLI before mortgage app

Good morning, I was wondering if it was safe to request a SP CLI from one of my CC before a mortgage app. Thanks
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

Re: SP CLI before mortgage app

I actually just had this happen. Mortgage company originally pulled credit in May. I'm building a new house, so they just re-pulled credit a few days ago as we are about 30 days from closing. In the mean time, American Express increased my credit line on a card - though I did not initiate it. I can see from my latest 3B report, dated yesterday, that AmEx did a soft pull, but they do this pretty often any way. Mortgage lady made no mention of it. Only thing she said was something like "your new report shows you are a whopping $7 in debt". We both laughed and she sent me updated rate/closing cost info. I'd assume that as long as you know you'll only have a SP then there would be no issue. 

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 2 of 3
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: SP CLI before mortgage app

Agreed with above. Consider freezing your credit reports so you don't get any surprises.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.