Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales agent

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Sales agent

The realtor I planned on using just told me that since I had been in contact with the builders sales agent they( builder) would not let me work with a realtor?? What !
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Sales agent

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
The realtor I planned on using just told me that since I had been in contact with the builders sales agent they( builder) would not let me work with a realtor?? What !

Yes, this is common. The builders will only pay the Realtor if the Realtor goes with you the first time and 'registers' you as their client.

Message 2 of 6
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Oh no! I wish I new this and I do a ton of research! Now I feel like I have no guidance!
Message 3 of 6
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Knew !!
Message 4 of 6
Sylvrbak
Regular Contributor

If you have not signed any docs, try simply telling them you will not sign a purchase contract unless you are able to be represented by your realtor. Many times we give up rights as consumers. The fact is you do not have to buy their home any more than they have to allow your realtor in on the deal. I would be very interested to see if they let a deal walk because of a decision that won't cost them anything to change their mind.

Began my personal credit Renaissance April 2014 with scores I the 590's, thanks to all your experiences myfico - all mortgage scores in the 730's.
Message 5 of 6
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

I spoke with the builder agent and he said of course I could use a realtor! Also found out they will not build a fence in any of their homes so that's a dealbreajer for me! 3 pups must have safe area to take care of business and play ball!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.