Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch and Rapid Rescore

tag
jna320
Established Member

Score Watch and Rapid Rescore

Hi All,

I'm a newbie here :-)  I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge shared on all things credit!!! I've learned SO much.  I'm hoping that I could get a bit of education on a rapid rescore and score watch on myfico.

My husband and I are in the process of buying a new construction home. Our LO said that I needed about 10 points to qualify for FHA so he ran the credit expert simulator and gave me my homework assignment ( pay off a small collection and pay down few balances on cards, etc) so he could do a rescore.  The rescore was ordered last week Friday and he said that we'd have a response early this week.

My question:  Will the changes/updates as they are done during the rescoring process, trigger an alert on Score Watch? Or should I get another report?

I am curious and impatient :-)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Score Watch and Rapid Rescore

Yes it will trigger a score watch alert.

However I sure hope you didnt pay off a collection, thats gonna be a score dropping alert I bet.

Message 2 of 6
jna320
Established Member

Yikes! I did, but the LO told me too... Uh oh! I did get a PFD, so hopefully they will honor their end of the bargain. Thanks for the quick response :-)

Message 3 of 6
SantanzChild
Valued Member

PFD is different unless it significantly drops your AAoA you should get a nice bump when it is removed.

Message 4 of 6
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Yup a PFD should in almost all cases increase the score.

Message 5 of 6
jna320
Established Member

Cool! I guess ill wait to see what score watch does over the next few days. Thanks all!! 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.