cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score

Highlighted

Score

i understand when applying for a mortgage they use your middle score. Do they also only use the information on that report or would I need to clear up all 3 reports or just the middle report. so if a collection is on my trans but my middle score is experien do I need to worry with it?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Score

Most, if not all, morgage lenders  use a tri merge report which is all three reports rolled into one.  They will see everything.

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: TU 720 EQ 648
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Score

@tricher1 wrote:

i understand when applying for a mortgage they use your middle score. Do they also only use the information on that report or would I need to clear up all 3 reports or just the middle report. so if a collection is on my trans but my middle score is experien do I need to worry with it?

Yes they pull all 3 reports but they only use the middle score. So they see everything also the middle you have may not be the middle score the lenders will pull.

If you are going FHA you do not have to pay collections that are 1,999 or less. if it's a charge off or medical bill you don't have to pay them at all to qualify.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.