Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller to extend closing date

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seller to extend closing date

We finally got our Closing Disclosure through today and are all set to close on Monday, 

The seller then comes to us today and asks if they can stay in the property for 5 days after closing in order to pack up and move out. Obviously this is not happening. What are my options here. I could feasibly extend the closing by a couple of days, but I need to be moved in buy Wednesday afternoon.

I kind of feel like I have little choice here and even though the guy has had 6 weeks to get his act together he hasn't managed it.

We are in Florida if that helps

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JVille
Valued Contributor

Re: Seller to extend closing date

Do you have a RE Agent? The answer is NO you had plenty of time to make arrangements and it’s too late to ask as we have to move immediately.
The contract can’t be changed unless you allow it to be changed.
The Realtors should deal with this and the answer is no!
They have the weekend to move. Be strong!
Message 2 of 4
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

We finally got our Closing Disclosure through today and are all set to close on Monday, 

The seller then comes to us today and asks if they can stay in the property for 5 days after closing in order to pack up and move out. Obviously this is not happening. What are my options here. I could feasibly extend the closing by a couple of days, but I need to be moved in buy Wednesday afternoon.

I kind of feel like I have little choice here and even though the guy has had 6 weeks to get his act together he hasn't managed it.

We are in Florida if that helps

Ahhhh, this is awful but what would it be if not Murphy's Law.

So, you have a choice and this is the one I would choose. Extend the closing date to Tuesday early afternoon so you can do your final walk through inspection on Tuesday morning, but you have to make sure the closing attorney has that date/time available. If no, then sellers are SOL. Explain to Sellers that under no circumstances can you allow them to stay after closing.

Sellers are in default of contract if they don't close on Monday or the new extended date, if you decide to give them one.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The answer is NO. Why woud they ask you today?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.