Shawn19AL
Frequent Contributor

Re: September 2020 Closers

Appraisal is scheduled for this Sunday.

Message 12 of 391
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

@Shawn19AL wow! They're going really fast. I started the process a tad late, but we're a tentative close date of September 7 and haven't heard anything about the appraisal yet. 

Message 13 of 391
Shawn19AL
Frequent Contributor

Ive been pushing like crazy. We were trying to find someone else but  appraisals are backlogged and this was the slot we had so we're going to go with it.

I would really like to  close on Sept 15 th but Ill take the end of Sept too @Cjethompson2017 

Message 14 of 391
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

@Shawn19AL Is there anything else that would hold it up besides appraisal? Everybody has been saying appraisals are behind, but everything else seems to go fairly smoothly? 

im nervous something is going to happen in this month. 😂 I'm not worried about credit scores TOO much. They approved us as is, and they should only get better, but I'm still terrified.

Message 15 of 391
Shawn19AL
Frequent Contributor

underwriting is the only thing im worried about.   this is a new lender. my old lender they ran me through underwriting to get my approval and everything they asked for I gave and had a DU approval. This lender might be iffy about my one collection left so im just ready to hear back from them to see @Cjethompson2017  

Message 16 of 391
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

@Shawn19AL That's interesting. I'm wondering if mine did the same thing. I also have just one collection left on my report, but I plan to pay it. I was just hoping to pay after I close. They wanted an explanation for every negative thing I had on my report.

Message 17 of 391
Shawn19AL
Frequent Contributor

Same thing,  I wanted to set up a payment arrangment after I close.  If I have to pay it before, I will but im hoping not

@Cjethompson2017 

Message 18 of 391
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

This process has been so stressful for me. I will think twice about purchasing another home again after this one. Lol

Message 19 of 391
Anonymous
Not applicable

Appraisal is being ordered this week, and my file being sent to UW today! 

Message 20 of 391
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.