Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September & October Closers

tag
sok454
Established Member

Re: September & October Closers

Old Texas... watching that house hunter show it seems all the huge cheap beautiful houses are in Texas!   Sure beats central IL! 

Starting Score: 596
Current Score: 646
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 21 of 53
indecison
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the comments on ours! We have 2 factors that help keep housing costs down. 1 we have LOTS of space and 2 cheap labor from our friends south of the border!

Message 22 of 53
sok454
Established Member

I'm sure our drywallers/roofers were from S of the boarder too!  

Starting Score: 596
Current Score: 646
Goal Score: 720+

Message 23 of 53
indecison
Regular Contributor

Update: Our house is a few weeks away from being ready so I spoke to my MB yesterday to go forward with locking our rate. We locked in the rate at 3.375% FHA. Came out of underwritting late last week and she told me yesterday that they were just waiting on some title stuff to come back and they would resubmit for clear to close which she believes we will get by mid next week. Things are moving along and we are so ready for this to be over!

Message 24 of 53
westo12
Established Contributor

@indecison wrote:

Update: Our house is a few weeks away from being ready so I spoke to my MB yesterday to go forward with locking our rate. We locked in the rate at 3.375% FHA. Came out of underwritting late last week and she told me yesterday that they were just waiting on some title stuff to come back and they would resubmit for clear to close which she believes we will get by mid next week. Things are moving along and we are so ready for this to be over!

Love that the rates are so low!! Now if only I could get myself in a better position to get financed lol.  Wish these closing stories had a credit score listed, or even a range, that would be even more motivating to the rest of us!  Thanks for sharing.

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 25 of 53
MissKay
Contributor

• Purchase Price:  $160k (seller giving back 6k for closing costs)
  • Property:1848 sq ft single family  
  • Submitted offer on: 8/20/12
  • Signed Purchased contract on : 8/21/12
  • Type of Loan: VA
  • Loan Rate: 3.75% not locked in
  • Loan Application submitted:  7/27/12
  • Loan approved: 7/27/12
  • Committment letter received on: TBD
  • Closing date: Listed as September 28
  • Closed on: TBD

Can't figure out how to post a pic 

Starting Score: 595 2/5/12
Current Score: 650 midscore lender pull 7/24/12
Goal Score: 640

Message 26 of 53
indecison
Regular Contributor

@westo12 wrote:

@indecison wrote:

Love that the rates are so low!! Now if only I could get myself in a better position to get financed lol.  Wish these closing stories had a credit score listed, or even a range, that would be even more motivating to the rest of us!  Thanks for sharing.

If it helps you any my mid score is a 684 and my wifes is a 668. We also had a BK discharged in March of 2009.

Message 27 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

You all have some AMAZING houses!! Congratulations to all of you. Keep your heads up and keep pushing through. The stress is terrible through the process, but we just closed on our home on Tuesday and the feeling of pulling in the driveway and calling it home was so worth all the stress and worry. It is an amazing pay off in the end.

As far as our credit score, mine is 660 and my husband's was 648.

Message 28 of 53
indecison
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You all have some AMAZING houses!! Congratulations to all of you. Keep your heads up and keep pushing through. The stress is terrible through the process, but we just closed on our home on Tuesday and the feeling of pulling in the driveway and calling it home was so worth all the stress and worry. It is an amazing pay off in the end.

As far as our credit score, mine is 660 and my husband's was 648.

Congrats!

Message 29 of 53
avv7c0
Regular Contributor

Well, the wait is finally over. I've been waiting for the October thread to come up for months, eager to share our excitement. This is the first house for my wife and I--we've always been renters before, but rents in our area (Central Florida) have just been climbing out of control, and I'm ready to be my own landlord. Smiley Happy Our last remaining condition to close (so far) is the homeowner's insurance, which I'm planning to finalize this week.

Without further ado...

• Purchase Price:  $379,361
  • Property: 3,927 sq. ft,  4bd, 3.5ba
  • Submitted offer on: n/a (new construction)
  • Signed Purchased contract on : 3/14/12
  • Type of Loan: FHA 30-yr fixed
  • Loan Rate: 3.375% (locked 7/29/12)
  • Loan Application submitted:  6/7/12
  • Loan approved: 6/20/12
  • Committment letter received on: 7/13/12
  • Closing date: 10/8/12, pending home completion
  • Closed on: TBD

----------------------------------------------------------
Fico Scores:
EQ - 811 (Feb '14)
TU - 829 (Mar '14)
EX - 814 (Mar '12) - Lender Pull
Message 30 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.