Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September closers!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: September closers!

We were supposed to close August 27th, but the lender messed up ordering the appraisal.  It took over a week to discover this (and they ordered it 2 weeks after our accepted offer in the first place).  So with a very large delay (we finally got the appraisal sept 1) we were clear to close for today (the 7th)

But the lender never sent the final figures.  Why?  I don't understand.  We had our closing disclosures August 14th.  We were only waiting on appraisal.  Nothing has changed.

So we are delayed once again, this time until the 10th.  Will they send the numbers with the extra 3 days?  I have my doubts.  Both delays have been lender caused and unnecessary Smiley Sad

Message 81 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

We funded an hour or two ago! Just waiting on recording now. Ironically, the delay saved me $450 in interest AND I discovered Better has a 2k statement credit with Amex so I got that applied in the nick of time. So while the delay was SUPER stressful, I'm coming out super ahead financially at least! I also can probably get the closing guarantee money out of Better since they missed it, not me. Better seems to run a little late but tbh I'd use them again and just plan for it to run over... can't beat their rates and perks! 

Message 82 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

So excited that I can FINALLY post in this string!!!

Purchase price - $355,000
% Down - 12%
Product - 30 yr fixed 
Mid score - 790

Sellers Credit - $3000
Rate - 2.75%

Estimated Close Date -  September 10
Possible issues - Hopefully none since closing is scheduled for two days from now *bites nails* Faced an issue last Friday where the CD I received had grossly incorrect figures for the property taxes, which made my mortgage payment $400 more per month than originally estimated.  Needless to say, I did NOT have a good holiday weekend since I was stressed over the discrepancy. Today's CD shows the correct tax amounts, so I'm hoping that there aren't any other issues. Now I'm just waiting to get the settlement statement that includes the wire instructions. If I don't get that by tomorrow morning, I'll go to the back and get a cashier's check. My anxiety is through the roof and I can't wait to close and get the keys in my hand. 

Message 83 of 104
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

@MauiMan85297 wrote:
August 2021 Closers Thread

Purchase price - $539,000
% Down - 5% (Non-disabled vet so the VA FF is only 1.6% which is covered by my realtors 2.0%)
Product - VA 30 yr fixed
Mid score - 719

Sellers Credit - 2% (Coming from realtor)
Rate - 2.25% w/ $2200 in lender credit

Estimated Close Date -  Sept 9th is now the definitive close date instead of August 15th (New build est close date)
Possible issues: None, our current home closes escrow Aug 30th (All cash offer+ 2 week post possesion at no charge).  My owner is doing

my loan as I can't do my own loan.

Builder: Blandford Homes LLC

FINALLY closed our loan that started with a signed contract Nov 2020, I did my own loan but boss was the LO on the loan, we wound up putting down 6% to avoid the 3.6% VA FF, signing took all of 20 mins as I told her she didn't have to explain anything.  Loan gets funded tomm morning and walkthrough of the new build is at 10am and get keys shortly thereafter.  Hopefully no more homes in the future.

Message 84 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

We had our appraisal done yesterday and should get the report by next Wednesday. We're just waiting on the title report to come back... I'm still hoping the municipal search doesn't take forever and we can still close on time. I'd hate to have to pay more prepaid interest if this pushes into October. 

Message 85 of 104
terren2000
Regular Contributor

Got call today, Notary comes tomorrow and will sign all documens.  But move in isnt til Sept 23.

DHI is giving me $1940 back at closing.

Had several delays, but got a lower intest rate and APR and im now payng $100 less monthly.

Conventional

$380,000 Loan

Interest rate 3.5%

APR - 3.8%

Monthly - $2345

After 9 years  - $2186.

Equifax - 789 Experian - 747 (Fako) Transunion - 715

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 789
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 86 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

Andddd we're officially closed! The closing was a little rocky, but everything worked out correctly in the end.
*Seller was a half hour late. No big deal to me since I was busy signing papers.
*Wrong documents were brought to closing by title officer, so she had her assistant send the updated version with the correct LOWER mortgage amount. 
*Wire from mortgage company wasn't sent by the time the paperwork was finished, so check had to be overnighted to seller. That also meant that the title company couldn't cut me a check on the spot for the overage I brought to closing via cashiers check. Thankfully, we were still able to get the keys. 
*Deed was mistakenly forgotten (title officer works in two offices) at the other office, so it had to be emailed to me. However, the assistant sent it to the wrong email address. *facepalm* I figured it out a few hours later and had them resend to me. 

I AM HAPPY TO BE DONE!!! Best of luck to all of the other September closers!

Message 87 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

We were supposed to close August 27th, but the lender messed up ordering the appraisal.  It took over a week to discover this (and they ordered it 2 weeks after our accepted offer in the first place).  So with a very large delay (we finally got the appraisal sept 1) we were clear to close for today (the 7th)

But the lender never sent the final figures.  Why?  I don't understand.  We had our closing disclosures August 14th.  We were only waiting on appraisal.  Nothing has changed.

So we are delayed once again, this time until the 10th.  Will they send the numbers with the extra 3 days?  I have my doubts.  Both delays have been lender caused and unnecessary Smiley Sad

Omg how stressful! 

Message 88 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MauiMan85297 wrote:

@MauiMan85297 wrote:
August 2021 Closers Thread

Purchase price - $539,000
% Down - 5% (Non-disabled vet so the VA FF is only 1.6% which is covered by my realtors 2.0%)
Product - VA 30 yr fixed
Mid score - 719

Sellers Credit - 2% (Coming from realtor)
Rate - 2.25% w/ $2200 in lender credit

Estimated Close Date -  Sept 9th is now the definitive close date instead of August 15th (New build est close date)
Possible issues: None, our current home closes escrow Aug 30th (All cash offer+ 2 week post possesion at no charge).  My owner is doing

my loan as I can't do my own loan.

Builder: Blandford Homes LLC

FINALLY closed our loan that started with a signed contract Nov 2020, I did my own loan but boss was the LO on the loan, we wound up putting down 6% to avoid the 3.6% VA FF, signing took all of 20 mins as I told her she didn't have to explain anything.  Loan gets funded tomm morning and walkthrough of the new build is at 10am and get keys shortly thereafter.  Hopefully no more homes in the future.

Congrats!!

Message 89 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Andddd we're officially closed! The closing was a little rocky, but everything worked out correctly in the end.
*Seller was a half hour late. No big deal to me since I was busy signing papers.
*Wrong documents were brought to closing by title officer, so she had her assistant send the updated version with the correct LOWER mortgage amount. 
*Wire from mortgage company wasn't sent by the time the paperwork was finished, so check had to be overnighted to seller. That also meant that the title company couldn't cut me a check on the spot for the overage I brought to closing via cashiers check. Thankfully, we were still able to get the keys. 
*Deed was mistakenly forgotten (title officer works in two offices) at the other office, so it had to be emailed to me. However, the assistant sent it to the wrong email address. *facepalm* I figured it out a few hours later and had them resend to me. 

I AM HAPPY TO BE DONE!!! Best of luck to all of the other September closers!

Holy cow, what a comedy of errors. Congrats!!

Message 90 of 104
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.