cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Servicer holding payments in suspense. Says they can’t apply until they get approval from the invest

tag
SB_3484
New Visitor

Servicer holding payments in suspense. Says they can’t apply until they get approval from the invest

Hi. Hope this is on the right board. I am new here. First time home owner.

We have made our first 3 payments on time and even extra to principle only. Our loan was sold (same company, different state) after the first month.

The new servicer has reversed all the payments we made. Several thousand dollars sitting in suspense.

They assured me that we would not be reported to the credit bureau and they said that we would not be charged interest but the reason they cannot apply the money is because they are waiting for approval from the investor. They said they could not tell me who the investor is.

Can someone explain this to me in a way I can understand why the investor has to give approval for money to be applied? I don’t understand this and I am very frustrated. I just want my payments applied.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobynJ
Established Contributor

Re: Servicer holding payments in suspense. Says they can’t apply until they get approval from the in

Put the money in Escrow for your own safety and document everything 

> > > > > > > > >

Starting Score:

Current Score:
My highest 818

Goal Score:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

/
Message 2 of 5
SB_3484
New Visitor

Re: Servicer holding payments in suspense. Says they can’t apply until they get approval from the in

Will do. Thank you. We are keeping a close eye on everything. 

Message 3 of 5
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@SB_3484 Let the new servicer place the funds in suspense . . . just keep paying UNLESS they instruct you not to. It's an accounting process and once all documents are in place the new servicer will take the funds out of suspense and apply accordingly. I wouldn't do anything differently unless instructed by the new servicer. Just communicate in writing and you will be covered. Wishing you success and a speedy resolution. Smiley Happy

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 4 of 5
SB_3484
New Visitor

Thank you! This makes sense but it had me really worried because none of my friends or family had ever heard of it or had it happen to them. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.