Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping for VA/FHA with Sub 600

tag
tim1017
Regular Contributor

Shopping for VA/FHA with Sub 600

I'm currently shopping for a mortgage either VA or FHA.  I am open to either but FHA is where I am leaning due to the fact that I have two 30 day lates within the last year.  As I understand this would fall under FHA guidelines.  My scores are suppressed at the moment and I will be taking the AZEO approach to improve my scores, mid score of 591.   

My utilization is reporting at 80% aggregate based on my report of 1/27 but I have paid down several CC's to zero since the report was pulled. Aggregate totals should update to 14 revolving lines, $10,624 of $22,350 or 42%.  The remaining are as follows 

Synch/PP 1200/1900

TJX (AU) 944/1400

Khols (AU)  300/1500

Target (AU) 600/3000

Citi 3340/5000

DJewelers 3840/4200

My current home is in escrow and we’ll be walking away with a nice equity sum for a substantial down payment and pay off the rest of what is needed from the above.  I am relocating to Texas from California.  I’ve been working the last month have the two lates removed as goodwill but obviously it takes a little time, which I’m running short of.  I am due to move the first week of March in to temp housing for 30 days which will allow me to look for a new home.  My hopes is to be able to raise my scores enough so that the underwriting process may look past the recent lates.  My worst case scenario would be to move in to short term renting until the clock strikes 12 months on these lates and secure a VA mortgage then.  I could possibly even buy a lot now while we wait.  Is AZEO the best approach given my situation?  Any advice on other steps to take?  DTI isn’t a concern for me at this point.

04/27 SCORES - EQ 653
EXP 672
TU 653
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
homeloanexpert
Established Contributor

Re: Shopping for VA/FHA with Sub 600

@tim1017

Replied to your PM

Branch Manager - Specializing in FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional, Jumbo, Portfolio and Non-QM Loan Products.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.