Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping for loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shopping for loans

In the myfico help center it says to shop around for loans.  How long do I have to get several differnt places before it shows up on my credit score and lower my score or does it not count against me for shopping around.  I plan on looking at a bank, credit union and morgage company for a morgage loan.  Thanks for the help
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shopping for loans

Without having a lender pull your credit, I would suggest you give them a good idea of your situation. What you have for down payment, what your credit scores are, how much of a payment you feel comfortable with, any other debts you have, income information, etc. They should be able to give you some sort of an idea, based upon that info, of what you would qualify for.

Message 2 of 4
bigman023
Frequent Contributor

Ive been showing potential lenders the reports I pull from myfico.com and my Ex report from a different site.  Ive gotten some good feedback from doing it this way. I now know which one or two will give me the best deal.  They always warn that the scores they pull will probably be different. But the scores we, as consumers, are ablte to obtailn seems to be good enough for some lenders to get a good feel about your chances.

5/2009 EQ-504(FICO), TU98-567(FICO), EX- 503 (FAKO)
10/17/11 EQ-633, TU04-652, EX-681 All lender Pulls
10/17/11 TU98-678
12/21/2012 TU98-677 (39% Util)
01/21/2012 EQ - 661 (37% Util) SW Alert
Message 3 of 4
supercoupe91
Valued Member

@bigman023 wrote:

Ive been showing potential lenders the reports I pull from myfico.com and my Ex report from a different site.  Ive gotten some good feedback from doing it this way. I now know which one or two will give me the best deal.  They always warn that the scores they pull will probably be different. But the scores we, as consumers, are ablte to obtailn seems to be good enough for some lenders to get a good feel about your chances.

The scores I've obtained on this site always match what lenders have pulled for me.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.