Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Get Excited???

tag
maryellis1981
Valued Member

Should I Get Excited???

Hi!  I am scheduled to close on the 26th and hadn't heard anything since the mortgage committment at the beginning on October.  I call the LO and he said he would get in touch with the closing attorney.  The closing attorney requested the insurance binder from my insurance agent.  This all happened the end of last week.  Could anything come up between now and then that might now allow me close?  CanI begin to celebrate, pick out paint colors ect?  When do I get the 'good to close' message and from whom?

I'm just so anxious since I had a short sale almost 2 years ago...

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I Get Excited???

@maryellis1981 wrote:

Hi!  I am scheduled to close on the 26th and hadn't heard anything since the mortgage committment at the beginning on October.  I call the LO and he said he would get in touch with the closing attorney.  The closing attorney requested the insurance binder from my insurance agent.  This all happened the end of last week.  Could anything come up between now and then that might now allow me close?  CanI begin to celebrate, pick out paint colors ect?  When do I get the 'good to close' message and from whom?

I'm just so anxious since I had a short sale almost 2 years ago...

Thanks!

I would wait till you hear "cleared to close" you still have a long time to go until the keys are in your hands...but I would add if you have already made it through underwriting with no conditions than all looks well..

Message 2 of 3
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I Get Excited???

If they are moving to the insurance phase that is usually a good sign! Keep your chin up!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.