cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I lock my rate today on a 30 year fixed VA loan, or wait until the end of the week?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I lock my rate today on a 30 year fixed VA loan, or wait until the end of the week?

As the title says, should I lock my rate today on a 30 year fixed VA loan, or wait until the end of the week?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Should I lock my rate today on a 30 year fixed VA loan, or wait until the end of the week?

@Anonymous wrote:

As the title says, should I lock my rate today on a 30 year fixed VA loan, or wait until the end of the week?

When do you close? Is the lock good for 30 days, 60 days? 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I lock my rate today on a 30 year fixed VA loan, or wait until the end of the week?

I'm closing on the 20th. The lock is good for 30 days. 

Message 3 of 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Looks like rates are creeping back up. Bankrate.com says 30-yr fixed at 4.09%. What interest rate are you locking at?

IMHO, if it were me, I would lock. Hopefully more MyFICOers will come along soon to provide additional advice.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

We locked ours at 3.99
But i was afraid of the increase so we locked it in asap. Im not much of a gambler though.
Whats your interest rate?
Oh were also doing VA.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and locked at 4% today.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.