Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should buying a timeshare loan reported as a Mortgage/ Real Estate on CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should buying a timeshare loan reported as a Mortgage/ Real Estate on CR

I have a $15000.00 time share loan reported on my experian report, I signed a mortgage document and received a deed paper but when Experian contact Orange Lake in Orlando after I disputed it to be REAL ESTATE, Experian says that somebody from Orange Lake Condos(Disney) says that it is only a Timeshare Loan. Who can help with this????
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Should buying a timeshare loan reported as a Mortgage/ Real Estate on CR

I've never considered time shares to be real estate, because essentially you are the owner of time and aren't on the title of the dwelling.  If you are on title of the home, then I think you'd have a leg to stand on.  On the loan application we aren't required to put in the schedule of real estate a time share property, nor are lates on a timeshare looked at as mortgage lates when it comes to credit qualifying.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.