Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we take the loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should we take the loan?

There should be no more doubt by now. Throw the letter away & put it out of your mind. This is a scammer 100%. 

Message 11 of 38
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Hopeforchange wrote:
It wasn't an email. It was a letter.

bad loan officers who cannot find business buy leads..... they bought what we call a 'Trigger Lead'

credit pull triggers the credit bureaus to sell your info to bad loan officers and bad loan officer tries to take you away from your current lender with lies.

Retired Lender
Message 12 of 38
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

@Hopeforchange wrote:
It wasn't an email. It was a letter.

bad loan officers who cannot find business buy leads..... they bought what we call a 'Trigger Lead'

credit pull triggers the credit bureaus to sell your info to bad loan officers and bad loan officer tries to take you away from your current lender with lies.

^^^This is so true. Sometimes they are even extra deceptive and claim to be working with your lender in the processing department and need you to provide additional information. Then they have you fill out a whole new application. Be very, very careful.

Message 13 of 38
Hopeforchange
New Contributor

I don't know what to do.  My husband is going through with it and wont listen.  He says because they have a license and a A+ rating on BBB they are legit.  They said they will get him pre-approved today.  Quicken told use to pay $900 off on his credit cards and wont return any of his phone calls.  So I guess he sees this as his only option? 

Message 14 of 38
Hopeforchange
New Contributor

SO its not the same as credit card companies?  I have gotten all of my credit cards from pre-approval letters.  Is it not the same?  Yea you don't always get what they promise

Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's be honest here. A credit score of 597 is not good. Predatory lenders like going after people desperate for loans because they're more willing to take a chance if it seems even a tiny bit legit. I really don't think any lender of respectable reputation would actively seek out a loan from someone in your husband's situation. I'd start finding a way to convince him right away or set up a separate banking account to protect my own money from his trust in this letter. Best of luck to you. My husband & I have worked for 3 years to get our credit up & debts down so we could buy. It takes time & patience. A mortgage will never just show up at your doorstep.

Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

AND it's likely the scammers only used the name Cityworth Mortgage to add weight to their scam. It's like phishing, but with paper instead of email. It LOOKS like it's from them, but it's probably not.

Message 17 of 38
Hopeforchange
New Contributor

How can it not be them when the phone number given matches the address on the BBB website?  Has someone cloned the banks phone?  Haha

Message 18 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Let's be honest here. A credit score of 597 is not good. Predatory lenders like going after people desperate for loans because they're more willing to take a chance if it seems even a tiny bit legit. I really don't think any lender of respectable reputation would actively seek out a loan from someone in your husband's situation. I'd start finding a way to convince him right away or set up a separate banking account to protect my own money from his trust in this letter. Best of luck to you. My husband & I have worked for 3 years to get our credit up & debts down so we could buy. It takes time & patience. A mortgage will never just show up at your doorstep.

I could not agree more with this statement. OP, if your husband's score is that low, you probably should not be looking to purchase a new home. There are many reasons for the score to be that low. Perhaps he had a recent bankruptcy, or tax lien, or other missed payments. All of these things are fixable in 1-2 years. You will see much more attractive rates once you get the scores up. 

Someone soliciting business from someone with a score as low as your husband's sends up a lot of red flags. I'm not sure if working with Quicken is your best option, but I would be EXTREMELY wary of Cityworth. I would probably try to establish a relationship with a local credit union, spend a year with them while working on your DH's scores (and yours too, if necessary), and use that good relationship to get a good mortgage rate from a reputable lender. 

Message 19 of 38
Hopeforchange
New Contributor

Its good enough for a FHA loan though.

I get what you are saying.  I am just telling you all what my husbands argument is.  I am shaking I am so mad.  

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.