Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed mortgage closing documents!

tag
thegrapelady
Contributor

Signed mortgage closing documents!

We got clear to close on Monday, and signed the closing docs yesterday (Thursday). We should get the keys on Monday assuming the funds were received and title was recorded by then. I am still beyond nervous. Our loan officer said things should be fine, but made me a little nervous by saying it is never over until keys are in hand. Please tell me that things do not regularly go wrong this late in the game. Smiley Happy The only major spending I did was the 40K cashier's check to bring to closing. I even felt nervous about that!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Signed mortgage closing documents!

Congrats on the closing.

Should be thinking about a house warming party soon. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! Now breathe

Message 3 of 15
_NERD
Established Contributor

Invite us over for the party. I'll bring a keg.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I thought they normally gave the keys at closing?

Message 5 of 15
thegrapelady
Contributor

Thanks! Yes, you will all be invited! Smiley Happy No, you don't get the keys until the title has been recorded and the funds are all there, they said it should be Monday.

Message 6 of 15
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! It's almost time to celebrate.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it depends on how closings are conducted. I have been through 2 different style closing. My first was i signed the documents on friday afternoon but didnt get keys until monday afternoon. But I just did a closing 2 weeks ago where the sale became final when i signed the docs, essentially everything was verified good before i showed up. I like that style of closing i hate waiting.

But the odds of something happening between closing and keys are not that high unless you did something you tried to hide like take a credit card out or went delinquent on an account and hope it doesn't rear its head until after funding.

Message 8 of 15
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Imscangel17, this depends upon where the property is located^^^.  If you are in a table funding state, you get the keys at closing. If you are in an "escrow closing" type state (dry funding)  you get your keys anywhere from 1 to 2 days after funding.   Here is a list of those dry funding states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon and Washington.  Every other state is a table funding (or wet) state and you get your keys at closing.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Imscangel17, this depends upon where the property is located^^^.  If you are in a table funding state, you get the keys at closing. If you are in an "escrow closing" type state (dry funding)  you get your keys anywhere from 1 to 2 days after funding.   Here is a list of those dry funding states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon and Washington.  Every other state is a table funding (or wet) state and you get your keys at closing.

Oh ok. We bought a house back in 2008 when we lived in NC and got the keys at closing so I was confused. We are purchasing in TN this time around so it looks like we still get keys at closing Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.