Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing at noon June 1st.

tag
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

Signing at noon June 1st.

Our scheduled close date is June 2nd, will it close on time or is it more likely to close next week?

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Signing at noon June 1st.

Signing what?

If you mean the initial Closing Disclosure, then the earliest would be 3 days after signing.

Message 2 of 11
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Signing what?

If you mean the initial Closing Disclosure, then the earliest would be 3 days after signing.

The appointment says "signing closing documents".  The initial closing disclosure was recieved last Friday.

Message 3 of 11
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Based on the limited info you provided sounds like your closing was moved up a day is my guess
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are signing today at noon, why on earth would the closing be on the 2nd? or next week?

You sign, you closed.

Message 5 of 11
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

If you are signing today at noon, why on earth would the closing be on the 2nd? or next week?

You sign, you closed.

Depends on where you are located (geographically).  Some states are table funding states (also known as "wet" states) like Florida where when you sign you are closed.

Other states have a delay between the time you sign and the actual time of closing. These states are also called "dry funding states".  [I don't know the orgin of the terminology either]

The dry funding states are:  Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, and Washington.  The lag time is generally anywhere from 1 to 3 business days from the signing date. 

Two different ways to close. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You sign, you closed.

Depends on where you are located (geographically).  Some states are table funding states (also known as "wet" states) like Florida where when you sign you are closed.

Other states have a delay between the time you sign and the actual time of closing. These states are also called "dry funding states".  [I don't know the orgin of the terminology either]

The dry funding states are:  Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, and Washington.  The lag time is generally anywhere from 1 to 3 business days from the signing date. 

Two different ways to close. 

Well that would suck Smiley Happy   As an escrow person here in Texas and also as an EO in Nevada (no lag when I was doing them back in the 90s), doing mostly builder closings, closing was when you signed and got your keys.  And of course thats how my recent personal closing went as well.

Message 7 of 11
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

Alright, so we did our part of killing trees today.   Once our lender has wired the funds to the escrow company and the deed has been recorded with the county we will be offically closed.  I'm being told that it should be done late in the afternoon on Friday 6/2/17.  A huge thank you to all the members here who have posted their stories and guidance.  I'm located in WA state.

Message 8 of 11
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations!

Message 9 of 11
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

Keys are in hand and the house is ours!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.