Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So frustrated

tag
shondra0609
Valued Member

So frustrated

My husband and I applied for a tribal section 184 loan.  Everything was great until the underwriter asked about our foreclosure.   We filed Ch7 in 2011 and this included our home that we hadn't paid on for years.  We moved out of the house and to another state.  Here we are 5 years post bankruptcy, but apparently Bank of America waited another 2 1/2 years to start for closure on the home.  Due to this we are told we have to wait 3 years from that date which will be September 2016.  Our previous loan was conventional so it didn't show up on CAIVRS. We are attempting an FHA loan with a waiver.  Still no word on that.  I'm just so mad!  For years we tried to get BofA to work with us and nothing.  Here we are still being punished.  I understand a waiting period post bankruptcy, but to wait longer because an entity I can't control didn't act swiftly.....I want to scream!

Starting Score: 667EX 599EQ 687TU
Current Score: 667EX 599EQ 687TU
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Re: So frustrated

@shondra0609 wrote:

My husband and I applied for a tribal section 184 loan.  Everything was great until the underwriter asked about our foreclosure.   We filed Ch7 in 2011 and this included our home that we hadn't paid on for years.  We moved out of the house and to another state.  Here we are 5 years post bankruptcy, but apparently Bank of America waited another 2 1/2 years to start for closure on the home.  Due to this we are told we have to wait 3 years from that date which will be September 2016.  Our previous loan was conventional so it didn't show up on CAIVRS. We are attempting an FHA loan with a waiver.  Still no word on that.  I'm just so mad!  For years we tried to get BofA to work with us and nothing.  Here we are still being punished.  I understand a waiting period post bankruptcy, but to wait longer because an entity I can't control didn't act swiftly.....I want to scream!

Hi Shondra,

This is one of the biggest issues with FHA. Fannie Mae may be your only real option because they updated their guidelines last year so that when a mortgage is included in a BK they will go by the discharge date instead of the foreclosure date like FHA does.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband and I filed a chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2010 and it was discharged in 2010. When u contact hud you must use the term SUPPRESS the claim. You must obtain a customer number for your case. Write a letter explaining your extreme circumstances with supporting documents. Make sure you write on the front page, attention Waiver Dept.,your full name ,address of the property, customer number, and be clear about wanting to suppress the claim. I did this and got it done in 24hrs. Prayer definitely helps during this time, GOD is good because our names were removed from the list. Your lender will be able to get it done faster as he will be the only person that they will allow to talk with the homeowner resource department. Be persistent it'll get done. Good luck. They will tell you it takes 10 days to investigate
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am following this because of the discharge information. thanks for this info.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.