Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So...they sold me to Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So...they sold me to Chase

So, my lender told me straight up that they'd be selling my mortgage within the first month or two after closing. No biggie. I've just spent the last 5 weeks chanting, "Please don't be Chase, please don't be Chase, please be anyone but Chase, for the love of all that's holy, please don't be Chase."

Got the notification today. Chase. Can ya tell I have history with Chase? Smiley Frustrated

I need a beer or five.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: So...they sold me to Chase

@Anonymous wrote:

So, my lender told me straight up that they'd be selling my mortgage within the first month or two after closing. No biggie. I've just spent the last 5 weeks chanting, "Please don't be Chase, please don't be Chase, please be anyone but Chase, for the love of all that's holy, please don't be Chase."

Got the notification today. Chase. Can ya tell I have history with Chase? Smiley Frustrated

I need a beer or five.

Mortgage or servicing or both?

Let me know how it goes or even the trouble before, I may get stuck in their portfolio for a while.

        
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I need a beer or five.

Mortgage or servicing or both?

Let me know how it goes or even the trouble before, I may get stuck in their portfolio for a while.

Didn't read that far. Saw "Chase", folded it up and stuck it back in the envelope. I'll peruse the details when I have a cooler head. Or a few more Modelo's. Chase gives me PTSD with Bank of America a close second. If it is humanly possible to screw things up, those two will do it. Over and over again. I don't think either of them have heard of the concept of customer service either.

Man, this sucks donkey b*lls.

Message 3 of 9
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I need a beer or five.

If it any consolation, know that my prayers don't work either! Five is much better than one!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ezdriver wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I need a beer or five.

If it any consolation, know that my prayers don't work either! Five is much better than one!

Awww...sorry about that. The irony just kills me. I blacklisted Chase years ago and vowed never to have anything else to do with them, ever. It's irritating beyond measure to know that they are once again getting my money. Whether I like it or not. It's kinda like being forced to re-marry your ex. That would give anyone nightmares.

Ah well. Forewarned is forearmed. I know that I'm just going to have to stay right on top of them. Every minute.

On the flip-side they're about to discover they've just bought the customer from hades. That makes me smile a little.Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh boy! Remarrying my ex woul send me to the nuthouse Smiley Happy

so one thing I learned is you can pay your mortgage with a Chase cc and reap the cash back wards. A CSR told me this when I went in the bank to pay my Freedom card. 

Message 6 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

so one thing I learned is you can pay your mortgage with a Chase cc and reap the cash back wards. A CSR told me this when I went in the bank to pay my Freedom card. 

Oh boy!  Wait, CSR's have been known to be wrong before Smiley Happy.  

If the CSR is right, I have to do math on that vs. the auto-debit credit.  Is it just with Chase cards, and what if any fee is associated with it?  Oh for an arbitrage play on my mortgage! IF no fees and I wasn't an idiot with future UR redememption that would qualify.

That may be why I have a ~1% rebate program for auto-debit Smiley Happy.  Oi vey I would need a higher level CL if it's just Chase only... decisions decisions!

        
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not that I'm ever going to get a Chase cc, but out of curiosity does that apply to any mortgage or just a Chase mortgage?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not that I'm ever going to get a Chase cc, but out of curiosity does that apply to any mortgage or just a Chase mortgage?

It was actually the branch manager that told me. And while he did not specify if Chase mortgage, it sounded like mortgage has to be with them.  Def something to look into for those that bank and have mortgage with Chase. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.