Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So unsure...need advice!!

tag
Megacab07
Established Member

So unsure...need advice!!

Hi everyone,
I'm feeling very unsure of myself at the moment and am looking for advice. We are considering doing a new construction home and the builder gave us the name of one of their preferred lenders. Back in April, I emailed back and forth with her about our situation and she gave us some things to take care of. She said she would need our scores to be above 600 and through hard work and advice from this forum, my husband is 643 and im 626. We have also completed everything on her suggested checklist so I emailed her last week for a follow-up and got no response so I emailed her again yesterday and still haven't got a response. She comes very highly recommended, but I don't feel super comfortable with someone who doesn't return emails. I've asked around for other recommendations and literally every person I've asked tells me to talk to that same lending officer. Would I be being overly annoying if I walked into her office after emailing her twice or should I give her more time....or find someone else on my own? I'm so ready to get the ball rolling!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: So unsure...need advice!!

I was actually wondering WHY you keep emailing instead of showing up at her office or calling her.

Seriously, they're going to make money off of you if it goes through. "Annoy" them.

If you want to get the ball rolling, show up, or at least call.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 2 of 9
Megacab07
Established Member

I work the same hours she does and its hard for me to go up there. It's even difficult for me to even make personal phone calls but I'm on the computer alot so it's fairly easy to just shoot an email. But I will have a day off soon so I can make it up there, really just wanted to touch base with her (or someone) on a few things.
Message 3 of 9
AshCas
Regular Contributor

Dont forget it's the middle of the summer - lots of people are on vacations!

I'd just call her office.

Message 4 of 9
scmami
Regular Contributor

Good luck and I would call as well. Great job getting your scores up!
Current FICOs (Sept 2015) EQ: 666 TU: 663
Message 5 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Dont be scared to call her office and ask her schedule... She may be on vacation or out of the office for a few days.   Loan officers want your business... so don't be shy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 9
natashahol
Valued Member

The same sort of thing happened to me. I am using a preferred lender that the builder recommended. I emailed her and figured she was ignoring me. But  when I called her office, I was able to speak right with her. 

I would make the time to call even if you have to call on your lunch break.

Starting Score:FICO EQ 620 TU Fako 595 EX FAKO 628
Current Score: Lender Pull 10/2012 EX 719, EQ 704, TU 690

BOA $8500 I CitiForward $6500 I Chase Freedom $3000 I Discover More $1500 I Kohls $1000 I Orchard Bank $400
App free since 12/8/2012.. holding out til 11/2013
Message 7 of 9
FrugalRican
Blogger

I work at a financial institution, so I know what it's like to have "similar hours", but my bathroom does have wonderful cell phone reception.

If you really want it, you'll make time even if it's having an awkwardly echoed conversation from a bathroom stall for 5 minutes.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 8 of 9
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

By any means necessary as long as it's tactfulSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.