cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sooo....you say there's a chance??... mortgage financing that is....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sooo....you say there's a chance??... mortgage financing that is....

Hi everyone, for starters thanks for all of the help that everyone puts on here, with the help of this forum I have been making steps towards learing my credit and buying a house. I am now just curious as to where some of you financing geniuses think I stand. So here we go....
My scores from 3b : ex02-634 tu04-649 eq05-647
My debts are:
Cap1 300/750 min payment 25
Cap1 200/500 min payment 25
Credit one 500/650 min payment 25
Chase 1300/2000 min payment 25
AU on moms cap 1 1000/1100
Loan w/ 2000 / 3500 payment is 200

No late payments _ 1 bad closed/paid $73 acct from 2013 reporting to tu and eq (tried gw they won't budge)
Husband's fico08 : ex686 tu614 eq600
His cards:
Cap1 300/500 min payment $25
Cap1 200/300 min payment $25
He is also an AU on my credit one card.
He has 2 negatives on his report, 1 closed/paid acct $165 and an open acct that has 1more payment of $100 from the org $600.

So i know it's not great but it's a work in progress for sure . Ok so here is the BIGGIE... about 10 years ago I worked in downtown and racked up more parking tickets then should be legal, seriously it was $12,000. I ignored it out of spite (yeah that was smart) for as long as possible, when they caught up to me I set up a payment plan of $50 a month haha still spite, it gets me every time. After a year or so they wanted $100 a month, that continued for about 3 years. finally about 3 months ago they sent me a letter saying they would now be garnishing my paychecks for the remaining $5000 balance. UGH!!! I tried everything to get out of this but short of payment in full they wont budge. Now this does NOT show up on ANY credit report and there is NO public judgement. This takes 30% of my income. And should be done in about 6 months I figure. I have reached out to a few lenders online and asked how garnishment effect mortgage loans and some said I would be fine and only 1 said no way. So trustworthy input from here would be awesome 
Also we make about $72000 a year between us and our monthly utilization with the garnishment is about 19%
we plan on paying down cards for the next 2 months before we start to apply but with the portland housing market we may not have the time.
So what's the verdict should we try now or wait or maybe something else??Thanks again
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.