Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statements of unverified debts

tag
ESA2012
New Contributor

Statements of unverified debts

I need to provide statements to my undisclosed debts. I have a monthly payment automatically coming out of my checking for a rainbow vacuum (however not reporting on my credit file) and I make daycare payments and electric payments through my checking. How will this effect my UW decisions will they increase my DTI ratio? I really wish they were not digging more into my checking but I made a deposit that needed explanation and I transfer money frequently through checking/savings. Any advice would be great
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Statements of unverified debts

the rainbow pmt will affect dti

child care and electric will not

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 11
Rb0337
Established Member

If you are doing a VA loan by chance, then childcare would count.

Message 3 of 11
ESA2012
New Contributor

Thanks I am doing FHA
Is there a good DTI calculator on the web I can use to look at the #s? I think ill be under DTI but I'd like to look for peace of mind. My loan is very reasonable slightly more then my rent I'm paying now.
Message 4 of 11
ESA2012
New Contributor

land safe verified the debt with the company and now they are reporting it to credit bureau and it made my score drop a few points from what i can tell. ugh. Smiley Sad i really hope this doesnt effect my loan approval. my DTI is still with in limits... i paid my other CC off to get my scores back up.

Message 5 of 11
Startfromwithin
Contributor

Wow.

My file is with the Processor right now. It has not yet hit UW. I'm wondering if they will request the same thing from me.

I am paying my Orthodontist about $200/month. They will be paid off in about a year. I read somewhere that if the debt will be paid off within a year, it won't hurt your approval. Has anyone heard if that is true?

I've also been using my American Express Corporate Card. It doesn't report on my credit. I've stopped using it... now that I'm in the process of securing this mortgage loan, so after my next statement is paid in full, there will be no balance there.

I asked the question about the American Express Corporate Card, and an Underwriter replied in a MyFICO Forum and said that if it's not reporting on your credit report, the Underwriter doesn't usually question it in a normal underwriting process.

We'll see!! I hope that's the case!!

Message 6 of 11
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Startfromwithin wrote:

Wow.

My file is with the Processor right now. It has not yet hit UW. I'm wondering if they will request the same thing from me.

I am paying my Orthodontist about $200/month. They will be paid off in about a year. I read somewhere that if the debt will be paid off within a year, it won't hurt your approval. Has anyone heard if that is true? only if the pmt is considered insignificant will it be excluded. the threshhold for 'significant' seems to be $100

I've also been using my American Express Corporate Card. It doesn't report on my credit. I've stopped using it... now that I'm in the process of securing this mortgage loan, so after my next statement is paid in full, there will be no balance there.

I asked the question about the American Express Corporate Card, and an Underwriter replied in a MyFICO Forum and said that if it's not reporting on your credit report, the Underwriter doesn't usually question it in a normal underwriting process. if it shows zero, they usually accept that

We'll see!! I hope that's the case!!

Retired Lender
Message 7 of 11
Startfromwithin
Contributor

Thank you Sir!!

Message 8 of 11
ESA2012
New Contributor

It's not going to deny my loan approval thank heavens, just need it verified. Hoping to close the 17th.
Message 9 of 11
Startfromwithin
Contributor

Sheesh!

That's a relief! Great news!!! I can't wait to read the post about your close!!!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.