cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting on clear to close. REALLY STRESSING

tag
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

Re: Still waiting on clear to close. REALLY STRESSING - UPDATE looks like its dead

Praying you get your clear to close very very soon.  I still believe you got this, plus the new underwriter seem to understand your file a little better than the other one.  Sending you positive vides Smiley Happy

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 31 of 42
OilFieldEngineer
Contributor

Re: Still waiting on clear to close. REALLY STRESSING - UPDATE looks like its finally good to go

@Uppingmyscore wrote:

Praying you get your clear to close very very soon.  I still believe you got this, plus the new underwriter seem to understand your file a little better than the other one.  Sending you positive vides Smiley Happy

So I guess I have had one hell of a roller coaster ride but I think its all going to be worth it. So the loan officer called this morning and said the underwriter was finally finished with the file and was ready to issue a clear to close but he had to go and pick up his son from school and take him to the hospital due to a broken arm. My first thought is what the hell is going on are they lying and just putting me off then about an hour after the underwriter called me personally. He explained the situation and personally appologized on behalf of highland loans for the way my file has been handled and just asked me for a current check stub to be emailed with an updated bank statement and then a copy of the claim estimate from my insurance check I had to deposit. He said he had already given verbal clear to close to the LO to work on everything on her end and would finish everything in the morning as soon as he hit the office. He said they would do everything in their power to get the loan closed that day and that the VP of lending would be calling me after they issue the written clear to close to tell me that they would be handling all closing and prepaids due to the conduct of the previous underwriter. He stated that they feel she was out of line with the way she handled the file and they were deeply embaresed at how she would play the games she did. 

I think after everything came to light that we got our final conditions satisfied and sent in on 2/4 and she didnt take any action until my LO started raising hell that is part of why she started looking for stuff to cause problems about. I am looking forward to getting everything buttoned up and getting moved in. Will update after closing all I can say is it has been one hell of a ride and persistence pays off. Thanks again to everyone who gave me feedback and encouragement. 

Current Scores 738 EQ (FICO 02/15) 745 EX (Lender Pull FICO) 768 TU (FICO 02/15)

4% Utilization on 180k Total Available Creditlines

AMEX Platinum - NPSL, AMEX HH - 2.5k, BofA Travel Rewards - 25K, BofA 123 Cash Rewards - 15K, BofA Amex - 15K, Barclay Black Card - 10K, Chase United Club - 9.6K, Chase Sapphire Preferred - 14k, Discover More - 7.5K, Citi Presitge - 20K, Nationwide Bank - 7.5K, Dillard's - 5K, JCP MasterCard - 12K, Capital One Venture - 3K, Capital One Quicksilver - 10k, Wells Fargo - 6K, Lowe's - 10K,
Message 32 of 42
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Still waiting on clear to close. REALLY STRESSING - UPDATE looks like its finally good to go

OMG!! Congrats!! WOOHOO yes yes!! Great News!!

Message 33 of 42
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

wow what a day - but sounds like they did good in the end. Hope to hear you got your keys and all is over with! congrats to making it this far!

Message 34 of 42
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

Awesome news....so happy things are finally moving again.  

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 35 of 42
OilFieldEngineer
Contributor

I am betting that I will be closing tomorrow with the levels of management with the lender that has gotten involved I think I am for sure going to close tomorrow and worst case friday morning. The builder and builder's sales counsular called me and offered to give me keys early but I told them with my luck so far I want to hold off till the ink is on the paper till I start moving in. I can truely say after the negative situation these guys jumped through their A$$ to make things right. I truely can respect them and say they care about their clients. 

Current Scores 738 EQ (FICO 02/15) 745 EX (Lender Pull FICO) 768 TU (FICO 02/15)

AMEX Platinum - NPSL, AMEX HH - 2.5k, BofA Travel Rewards - 25K, BofA 123 Cash Rewards - 15K, BofA Amex - 15K, Barclay Black Card - 10K, Chase United Club - 9.6K, Chase Sapphire Preferred - 14k, Discover More - 7.5K, Citi Presitge - 20K, Nationwide Bank - 7.5K, Dillard's - 5K, JCP MasterCard - 12K, Capital One Venture - 3K, Capital One Quicksilver - 10k, Wells Fargo - 6K, Lowe's - 10K,
Message 36 of 42
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

So glad to read that everything worked out. Enjoy your new home! 

Message 37 of 42
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

@OilFieldEngineer wrote:

I am betting that I will be closing tomorrow with the levels of management with the lender that has gotten involved I think I am for sure going to close tomorrow and worst case friday morning. The builder and builder's sales counsular called me and offered to give me keys early but I told them with my luck so far I want to hold off till the ink is on the paper till I start moving in. I can truely say after the negative situation these guys jumped through their A$$ to make things right. I truely can respect them and say they care about their clients. 

And very well that should have.  I just hate how they did you, so glad somebody stepped in :-)

Message 38 of 42
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Highland once again proving they are the best builder on the Planet.

Everyone should move to Texas and buy a Highland home.

Message 39 of 42
OilFieldEngineer
Contributor

@tooleman694 wrote:

Highland once again proving they are the best builder on the Planet.

Everyone should move to Texas and buy a Highland home.

After today I actually agree with this statement.

Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.