Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stressing Closing set for Mid next month and collection just hit DISCOURAGED :(

tag
Tpelc23
Regular Contributor

Stressing Closing set for Mid next month and collection just hit DISCOURAGED :(

Good news for the day inspection went great!

Bad news, this stupid Dish Network collection account that popped yesterday. This account is not even mine it was in my husbands name but yet reported to my credit. My husband called and pain the account yesterday and Dish Advised they would call it back from the collection agency and delete from my reports. I'm on pins and needles. I called the collection agency and told them it was not my debt that it was my husbands etc., they advised they could not start a dispute as it was paid but suggested I dispute with the CRA and that it would deleted that way as they would not respond. So tonight, I disputed the account with the CRA, sent an email to the CEO of G C Services and I filed a complaint with the BBB. As you can tell I desperate. At first we thought it just hit one report, but it now have it two and tanked my scores Smiley Sad. The credit report underwriting has is less than 30 days currently so hopefully I still have time to get this removed be they pull another.

I feel like I'm going to be sick to my stomach, not sure how I'm gonna make it though this and I pray we don't lose the nearly $1400.00 we have put into making this happen.

I'm so discouraged.

2/28/12 -TU FICO 646 3/28/12 TU-FICO 647 4/19/20 TU-662,
2/28/12 - EQ FICO 557 3/14/12- EQ FICO 600 3/16/12 EQ FICO 623, EQ FICO 628, 7/2/12 662
2/20/12 - EXP FAKO 620 3/16/12 FAKO 631 FAKO 643 3/28/12 655 (MTG pull) 5/7/12 698

CURRENT GOAL MID 640 LONGTERM 700 CLUBSmiley Happy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Stressing Closing set for Mid next month and collection just hit DISCOURAGED :(

@Tpelc23 wrote:

Good news for the day inspection went great!

Bad news, this stupid Dish Network collection account that popped yesterday. This account is not even mine it was in my husbands name but yet reported to my credit. My husband called and pain the account yesterday and Dish Advised they would call it back from the collection agency and delete from my reports. I'm on pins and needles. I called the collection agency and told them it was not my debt that it was my husbands etc., they advised they could not start a dispute as it was paid but suggested I dispute with the CRA and that it would deleted that way as they would not respond. So tonight, I disputed the account with the CRA, sent an email to the CEO of G C Services and I filed a complaint with the BBB. As you can tell I desperate. At first we thought it just hit one report, but it now have it two and tanked my scores Smiley Sad. The credit report underwriting has is less than 30 days currently so hopefully I still have time to get this removed be they pull another.

I feel like I'm going to be sick to my stomach, not sure how I'm gonna make it though this and I pray we don't lose the nearly $1400.00 we have put into making this happen.

I'm so discouraged.

I'm sorry this has happened to you. Have you talked to the LO about this? He/she definitely needs to know. Hopefully they will have specific advice as to how the lender views these things and what to do going forward.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stressing Closing set for Mid next month and collection just hit DISCOURAGED :(

If they report to a credit agency they have to correct mistakes if you put the dispute directly to them-Dish can direct the CA to delete/correct/etc. It can be done through the CRA as well. But this takes 30 days typically to update unless a rapid rescore is done (costs $).

As a PP said, let the loan officer know. They may have advice on how to deal with it.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

STOP STOP STOP STOP

Get a letter from the company that reported you stating they are removing it from your credit with their letterhead on it. If they dont give you the letter, ask to talk to a manager. If that doesnt work, call again the next day to get another person. KEEP HASSELING THEM. THEY CAN GIVE YOU A LETTER. DO NOT GIVE UP. KEEP BUGGING THEM.

They WILL give you a letter. (Took me about 13 attempts and 3 managers)

Do what they call a RAPID RESCORE (I use "CredCo"). This will remove it and put you back within 3-5 days.

I just had the SAME exact problem with only 25 days left on my loan cotingency.

DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED!

I promise. ALL LOANS HAVE PROBLEMS.

I hope this helps. Stop getting down, and work on this. Its not a simple process. Im still in my process and close on the 7th of May.

Message 4 of 6
Tpelc23
Regular Contributor

I disputed it with credit reports and with 24 hours they both came off as the social secruity # realted to that account is my husbands. I also filed BBB dispute. Dish would never give me anything in writing and GC services would not even talk to me...Thankfully it is done now.

2/28/12 -TU FICO 646 3/28/12 TU-FICO 647 4/19/20 TU-662,
2/28/12 - EQ FICO 557 3/14/12- EQ FICO 600 3/16/12 EQ FICO 623, EQ FICO 628, 7/2/12 662
2/20/12 - EXP FAKO 620 3/16/12 FAKO 631 FAKO 643 3/28/12 655 (MTG pull) 5/7/12 698

CURRENT GOAL MID 640 LONGTERM 700 CLUBSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Tpelc23 wrote:

I disputed it with credit reports and with 24 hours they both came off as the social secruity # realted to that account is my husbands. I also filed BBB dispute. Dish would never give me anything in writing and GC services would not even talk to me...Thankfully it is done now.

Thank goodness this is over! Ya it seems like when you are applying for a mortgage, folks come out of the woodwork!~

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.