Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid Bumps in the road!!!

tag
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Stupid Bumps in the road!!!

Okay.......... so........ was in the middle of getting pre-approved, but i was told that i can not because things are disputed......

I called TU, EX and EQ and none of them say anything is disputed.... so i call my lender back and advise them.... they said they would have to look into it but there are dispute remarks on XXX accounts......

I asked if dispute remarks are the same as an account being in dispute... and they didnt know..... That being said, they are paying some 500 dollars or so through a credit repair agency to get all bad comments/lates/collections removed (most of which i already got off on my own).... thankfully i am not paying for this!!!

That being said, this was started 3/2/2012 and i keep being told to wait until 5/15...... well before it was 5/2 and before that was 4/15 ...... i dont know what to do.... im in contract with this stupid credit repair company......

I try to tell them that i got a letter stating this people agree to delete.... and that i called the credit reporting agencies and they say nothing is disputed..... i get a reply with 

"We are very well aware of what is going on with your credit, we ask that you let us do the work since we have the experience and have hundreds of success stories with our customers, unlike you"

I can honestly say that my blood pressure more then likely spiked due to anger there..... GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Good lord give me patience.....

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
seemund
Contributor

Re: Stupid Bumps in the road!!!

That's terrible.. Keep us posted...

*Not really sure what to say, never dealt w/ collections/etc*

Message 2 of 18
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Well all the collections are paid.... so thats not the issue.... the issue is the disputes that i cant seem to find......

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 3 of 18
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

Who are you using?

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 4 of 18
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

I am in Minnesota, and we are using PHH Home Loans as our LO. 

Message 5 of 18
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@BadCredBen wrote:

I am in Minnesota, and we are using PHH Home Loans as our LO. 

Didnt the lender provide you with the pull the used? It should be right there in black and white which accounts has dispute labels.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 6 of 18
kjm79
Valued Contributor

My guess is that in all their infinite wisdom and experience, are the ones who are creating these so-called disputes, by trying to take care of the bad comments/lates/colelctions etc....

I also bet that YOU have more experience than they do, many times over.  That comment would make me say some not so nice things to someone who is trying to "help" me.  Smiley Indifferent

@BadCredBen wrote:

Okay.......... so........ was in the middle of getting pre-approved, but i was told that i can not because things are disputed......

I called TU, EX and EQ and none of them say anything is disputed.... so i call my lender back and advise them.... they said they would have to look into it but there are dispute remarks on XXX accounts......

I asked if dispute remarks are the same as an account being in dispute... and they didnt know..... That being said, they are paying some 500 dollars or so through a credit repair agency to get all bad comments/lates/collections removed (most of which i already got off on my own).... thankfully i am not paying for this!!!

That being said, this was started 3/2/2012 and i keep being told to wait until 5/15...... well before it was 5/2 and before that was 4/15 ...... i dont know what to do.... im in contract with this stupid credit repair company......

I try to tell them that i got a letter stating this people agree to delete.... and that i called the credit reporting agencies and they say nothing is disputed..... i get a reply with 

"We are very well aware of what is going on with your credit, we ask that you let us do the work since we have the experience and have hundreds of success stories with our customers, unlike you"

I can honestly say that my blood pressure more then likely spiked due to anger there..... GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Good lord give me patience.....

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 7 of 18
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

I just kind of threw my hands up,,,, i dont even know how to continue with them.... i will let them do what they need to i guess.... and yes i do have a copy of the pull they used.... i see the comments, but no account is disputed.....

Message 8 of 18
drkaje
Senior Contributor

They could have created the disputes but there's another possibility: Aggressive credit monitoring may have caused a split files.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My two cents is this... That if the credit reporting agencies are saying that there are no disputes it may be the creditor that has marked your account as being in dispute.  I had this problem with Sears.  What I would recommend to you is to call the creditor that the report says is in dispute and tell them that you are not disputing the account but that they are reporting it as being in dispute.  Most creditors have a credit bureau department so ask when you call.  If you get someone that does not see how the account is reporting then I would go over their heads and speak to a manager and if still not able to have resolved then you should write the CEO's.  I say this because it is what worked for me.  Not all representative are going to understand how your account is being reported.  

Sears was able to resolve the problem for me that very same day once I got a call back from the executive offices after filing a complaint with the BBB.  I would not count on others to fix your problem based on what you have written they are nasty and putting you off over and over.  Do what you can to resolve the issue.  Best of luck!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.