Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submitted to underwriting!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Submitted to underwriting!!

So Close...... UPDATE!

Pulled the trigger yesterday with a local savings bank.  The banker was aware of my situation and was waiting for my mortgage scores to increase as I paid things down. Once my MMS hit 620 I apped. Would have waited for more improvement but I had already signed a p&s on our dream home. Today was the last day I had to get a written pre-approval. I'm sure you guys are saying WHAT???

We found the house mid construction and the builder said I could reserve it for $500 down so I did. In this market, if I had waited the house would have been gone.  Wife fell in love with it. Our current home was already under agreement, passed papers 2-1-21. Used portion of proceeds to pay down as much debt as possible to raise mortgage scores.  Waiting game began.

Got my subscription to myfico with three bureau reporting and mortgage scores.  Logged in everyday hoping to watch my scores climb.  Climb they did, not everyday but continuous steady upward growth. Also was able to PFD a year and a half old medical collection which also helped. Utilized this board and pmed some off the most knowledgable members of this board for continued guidance and advice. There were fantastic, I am extremely appreciative. 

Starting mortgage scores 2-1-21

EQ;      551

Trans; 628

Exp;    552 

As of 2-23-21

Eq;       609

Trans;  651

Ex;        620

Fico 8

Eq;         667

Trans;   688

Ex;         691

Incidently hard pull did not affect any of my scores fico 8 or mortgage scores. 

We received preliminary approval letter from bank today. 

Application survived the fannie may automated underwriting we were offered 3.5% Conventional 20% down no PMI, no points, cash back at closing. Submitted to manual underwriting last Friday.  Fico mortgage scores still climbing I may ask lender to pull again closer to closing to see if we can get a lower rate. Assuming we survive manual underwriting without any problems.  Many thanks to all who provided me with guidance through this process! I will keep you updated. 

3 REPLIES 3
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Submitted to underwriting!!

@Anonymous  Congratulations on your success. Hope to read of your clear to close soon.

Message 2 of 4
DebtStinks
Established Contributor

Congrats! Ditto what @AllZero said! 

Best of luck on a smooth road ahead to the closing table!

NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 (Opened 1/19) - NFCU Platinum $21000 (Opened 1/21) - TTCU Platinum Visa $10000 (Opened 10/18) - Discover $5500 (Opened 11/21) - Barclays View MC $5000 (Opened 1/19) - Capital One Platinum $3500 (Opened 2/19) - Capital One World Elite MC $1000 (Opened 3/21) - Target Store Card $2000 (Opened 10/18) - Floor & Decor Store Card $42500 (Opened 10/18)
Closed - PenFed $35,000 - Cap1 World Elite MC $11,200
Total CL - $115500

CH7 BK Filed 8/1/17 Discharged 11/7/17

Scores as of 2/18/21:

Inquiries Last 12 Months:
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning everyone, latest update.

Application survived manual underwriting, appraisal came back 30K higher than sale price.  We have been approved!!  Handful of conditions for closing; recent pay stubs, proof of paid off debt still at zero, bank statement showing proceeds from sold house to be used for deposit and copies of deposit checks. We have submitted everything, waiting for clear to close approval. We have a tentative date of 3-31-21based on the builder's request which is also in the P&S.    

Just a reminder that we started this process 2-1-21 with mortgage scores that were horrible. I don't recommend it but it shows that with guidance from the wonderful people on these boards (AllZero) some luck and the right lender sometimes you can accomplish the impossible!!

I will let you know when we get clear to close. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.