cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super slow lender, costing us thousands in carrying costs.

tag
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Super slow lender, costing us thousands in carrying costs.

@lks638 wrote:
The builder has already fixed most of the major issues, this has been a long process starting in January. The floors, and appliances have been repaired, the doors fixed. It's just been one thing after another and now the lender is just dragging their feet.

i would be very reluctant to buy a home that had a lot of structural issues what are visible.  i would be paranoid about the corners cut on the structural stuff that I can't see.

proceed with caution, and good luck!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 11 of 14
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

@frugalQ wrote:

@lks638 wrote:
The builder has already fixed most of the major issues, this has been a long process starting in January. The floors, and appliances have been repaired, the doors fixed. It's just been one thing after another and now the lender is just dragging their feet.

i would be very reluctant to buy a home that had a lot of structural issues what are visible.  i would be paranoid about the corners cut on the structural stuff that I can't see.

proceed with caution, and good luck!

Amen. This was the reason I backed out of my first contract. Proceed with extreme caution.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 12 of 14
lks638
New Contributor

We're not worried about structural issues, we've been involved through the whole construction process.  We had an inspection while it was under construction, and were told the electrical, plumbing and such were done with extreme care, and well beyond what is required by city building code.   My guess is toward the end of the process the builder hired a subcontractor, that did the shady finish work. 

Message 13 of 14
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Looking forward - how well  do you think they will honor or  manage warranty work?

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.