Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching lenders - please help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Switching lenders - please help

I was preapproved for my first mortgage about 10 days ago and have been looking at homes every day. I only applied with one lender, in hindsight this seems a little risky to me. I would like to apply with a couple other lenders to see what I can qualify for. I am worried that additional credit inquiries will lower my score and I am already just under 640, so I dont think I can afford another hard pull. Is it true that multiple inquiries for mortgages within a certain day period only count as one? Would anyone advise for or against applying a few more times to check rates? Im sorry if this is a stupid question and im sure the answer is somewhere on this forum, but I couldnt find it.  Wise words of experience please. Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

Re: Switching lenders - please help

Have you seen your credit report?

Do you know if there's anything you can do to boost your score quickly?

This can be a tricky topic depending upon what your DTI is for your proposed/targeted purchase range and I'd recommend researching this with your LO.

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sooooooo what's your answer to my question?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey licensed mortgage guy, I noticed you posted an irrelevant reply to another one of my posts as well. Why?
Message 4 of 5
JVille
Valued Contributor

Mtg Fico 640? All hard pulls for Mtg purposes within a 10 day period for shopping count as one pull. Like the other poster, did you see your report? What is causing your score to be so low? Maybe we can assist you in getting it up...
At 640 I would do anything to cause it to drop even 1 point.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.