Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TODAY I CLOSED!

tag
nycsimone
Regular Contributor

TODAY I CLOSED!

Today I closed on my first home. I'm finally a home owner.

First of all...many thanks to the many contributors to this Mortgage forum as you halped with so many of the questions I had. Second, thanks to the many posts on improving your credit score. I went from a 620 about 18 months ago to a 740+ today.

I purchased a home and used my credit union to finance. I did a 30 year mortgage where the first 10 years are fixed and then it's adjustable (10/1 ARM). The interest rate is 2.5% for the first 10 years and then can go up by as much as 2% per year up to a max of 7.5%. It's my first home and i'm single so in 10+ years i'm probably not going to be in the same home and I figured i'd take advantage of the extremely low rate. Closing costs were about $4.5k but the selles contributed $4k ($185k home purchase).

One thing i've learned is that the more middle-men you cut out, the better deal you'll get. Going directly to a mortgage banker or a credit union will in most cases mean the best deal for you.

Now that i've officially closed...the work begins! Painters are due tomorrow at 8am sharp.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
firetech593
Regular Contributor

Re: TODAY I CLOSED!

Congrats Simone! Another success story to prove the possibilities!

Message 2 of 8
Glenn_S
Contributor

Congrats!  It takes a while, but it's worth it!

We close in 20 days...Yikes!

Starting Score: 617 on 1/2009
March 2015 Scores (Lender Pulled-Mortgage): TU: 733, EQ: 719 EX: 789
MyFico Score August 2023: 845;

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 4 of 8
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

congratulations!!!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 5 of 8
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Congrats!

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 6 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

congrats

Retired Lender
Message 7 of 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Congratulations and happy homeownership.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.