Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU now highest fico 8

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

TU now highest fico 8

TU 8 went up 32 points with last collection falling off and mortgage score only went up 7 points!! What am I doing wrong !
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TU now highest fico 8

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
TU 8 went up 32 points with last collection falling off and mortgage score only went up 7 points!! What am I doing wrong !

From what to what, and what's the rest of your file look like?

Congrats for getting the final collection off regardless!

        
Message 2 of 5
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

One old security finance from 6/11 paid but with a 90 day late in 3/10, otherwise clear . 9 accounts current and positive
Message 3 of 5
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Fico 8 went from 663 to 695.
Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
One old security finance from 6/11 paid but with a 90 day late in 3/10, otherwise clear . 9 accounts current and positive

That 90 day is going to hurt on the older algorithms, maybe bad looking at historical literature regarding the algorithm.  What do you mean security finance from 6/11? 

Regarding your file: what's your AAOA / oldest account on the 9 positive accounts, also what's your newest account?  Which I guess I should ask too, what are you explicitly at TU Classic 04 wise?  I'm assuming your revolving utilization is all nice and tidy.

For reference when I optimized my file last year pre mortgage (no inquiries / new accounts within the last year, AAOA 2 years, oldest tradeline 7 years, tax lien, collection, 30/60 day lates from 2010) I got up to a 731 TU Classic 04 score.  That was a surprise to a lot of folks though, myself included but we haven't had TU 04 access for very long by that point other than the old lending club pre-approval trick some folks used and no longer exists.

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.