Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking things that were advertised

tag
babbles
Established Contributor

Taking things that were advertised

I guess it's no big deal if the seller takes items from the home that were advertised on the listing?? like a car charging system??  was looking forward to having that, I have a hybrid car that could use that system

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Re: Taking things that were advertised

@babbles wrote:

I guess it's no big deal if the seller takes items from the home that were advertised on the listing?? like a car charging system??  was looking forward to having that, I have a hybrid car that could use that system

Depending on area, you list and negotiate for anything in the home or on the property when making your bid.

Seller's don't always know what you consider garbage and what attracted you to their property if you don't list what you want, and what you want them to take (usually a given that unless you ask, they take the furniture).

If it was an expensive charging it may have been listed as an idea or by mistake by the listing agent. 

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 2 of 7
JVille
Valued Contributor

You need to call your Real Estate agent ASAP if the seller has removed something from the property that was contractually required to be left with the property. Your agent will contact the Listing Agent have it returned or replaced ASAP. If there is some sort of misunderstanding your RE Agent can clear it up. CALL your agent now!

Message 3 of 7
babbles
Established Contributor

yes contacted the realtor who reached out to the sellers agent and yes they are asking if I want it replaced?  of course, it was advertised on the flyer,  there was no misunderstanding, we are expecting what was advertised;  high end upgraded applies, bidet toilets which we say with remotes, laminate flooring, security system,  electronic door with security, and other items

I was joking with the realtor when we walked through the home for the first time about a movie with Richard Pryor, "Moving" where he moved from NJ to Boise Idaho for a new job and while looking at a home for his family that he ended up buying,  the seller joked about taking the inground pool, steps, cabinets and when he got there the guy in fact took those items!!!

I will keep driving by the home since it's now vacant to see what other activity is going on,

Is this thing common for the seller to remove items that were advertised as part of the home??  maybe thinking it was no big deal

When we get to the point of a walk through, you can bet we'll be looking with keen eyes!

Message 4 of 7
JVille
Valued Contributor

This is absolutely NOT normal and your RE Agent should stay on top of the situation. That's her job and you should not have to deal with this issue yourself. 
Unless an item was specifically "Excluded" in the offer then everything attached or listed as included stay with the house.

Message 5 of 7
babbles
Established Contributor

I don't get a good feeling about this, I told the RE agent to have them put it back or something excatly like what they listed,

why would a buyer be so bold to take items listed as part of the deal?  

RE agent suggested reducing the price of the home, no that's ok makes a $3 difference on the mortgage

Message 6 of 7
JVille
Valued Contributor

They have until closing to return anything removed that was included. You should verify when your "walk thru" is, generally a day or 2 before signing loan docs and closing papers.

Exactly what did they remove that has you so upset? Your agent is suppose to be your advocate and smooth out these issues.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.