cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Returns for Underwriting

tag
Carkam

Tax Returns for Underwriting

Do I need to submit state and local tax returns for the past three years as part of my paperwork for mortgage approval?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tax Returns for Underwriting

You only need the past 2 years. Might just be the last year if you aren't self employed.

Message 2 of 11
Carkam

Thanks for responding .So I do have to submit fed taxes as well as state and local returns for two years?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

When in doubt send it all
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carkam wrote:

Thanks for responding .So I do have to submit fed taxes as well as state and local returns for two years?

State taxes?  What are those? (I love my state) Local income tax?!?  I'd move...

Message 5 of 11
_NERD
Established Contributor

My lender only requested the past two year's federal returns.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 6 of 11
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

My lender requester the past 3 year's returns and W-2s, but that may have been due to my income including a yearly bonus.
Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only supplied my lender with my W-2's for the past two years. They then requested a tax transcript to confirm the amounts with the federal government only, didn't seem too concerned with state taxes. They ran a heck to make sure I didn't owe back taxes and confirm the property wouldn't be subject to a tax lien if purchased as well.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should only need the last 2 years federal returns.  That should be the only returns they get transcripts for to verify them.  

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 years of federal returns. Some down payment assistance programs require 3 years.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.