cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you MyFico people! I am a home owner...

tag
LondonMassey
Frequent Contributor

Thank you MyFico people! I am a home owner...

I received the key to my home on Thursday (and yes I burned rubber across town to get it). My realtor called around 4pm, letting me know everything funded and the house was mine...I was in bed, trying to catch up on some sleep. (Could you go back to sleep after that call?) I had until 5pm to get my key.

Since Thursday, I have cleaned the house (short sale), bought a fridge, scheduled the painters and carpet cleaners for this week... and then moving all our stuff in. I can't wait to kiss this apartment goodbye, but moving may end up being more stressful than the ride I was on buying the house...

I wouldn't of been able to do this without all of you guys here at MyFico with your tips, suggestions, experiences, and encouragement.

By the way... I also applied and was approved for Walmart and Home Depot credit cards... I'm pretty excited!
Cap1(sc) 550, Cap1 750, Walmart 750, Home Depot 3000, Amazon 700, US Bank 1500, Childrens Place 1100, JC Penney 700, Old Navy 700, PayPal 700, Torrid 700, Lane Bryant 150, Avenue 500, OSP 500, Amex Blue 2000, Disc it 1000, Walmart Disc 2200, Old Navy Visa 1700, Mortgage 09-2012, Car Loan 03-2013

Current Score: EQ 665 EX 687 TU 695

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Re: Thank you MyFico people! I am a home owner...

congrats to you London!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 14
Mortgage_Quest
Valued Member

Congratulations London!!! The journey was well worth it...Best of luck to you!

Message 3 of 14
sophmore
Valued Member

Congratulations London!  I've been following your story from the beginning too.  We started our process around the same time.  I've been out here praying for you girl!  It was a long nail-biting journey for you but I am so so happy for you!!

Message 4 of 14
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Congrats!! You earned it!!

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats London! 

Moving out of that apartment will be the best thing ever!

Congrats on the Wal Mart and HD approvals!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

When's the house-warming party? I'll bring the FICOtinis.

Message 7 of 14
westo12
Established Contributor

@LondonMassey wrote:
I received the key to my home on Thursday (and yes I burned rubber across town to get it). 

By the way... I also applied and was approved for Walmart and Home Depot credit cards... I'm pretty excited!

LOL! I knew you did.  So very excited for you for all of this!!  Congrats again. 

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 8 of 14
indecison
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 9 of 14
justjunie928
New Contributor

WOW I am so excited for you,  I am so happy to hear that you have earned the new title as 'home owner'...... Gosh I can't wait until I graduate from "apartment dweller" to 'home owner'..... a great accomplishment, you give me great hope.  Enjoy every minute of making your house your home!!!!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.