Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Absolute Stress of Mortgage Closing - My Worst Fear Happened

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Absolute Stress of Mortgage Closing - My Worst Fear Happened

Geez Louise guys.  I don't know how much more I can take.  I have THROWN money at my debt and have raised my scores by an impressive amount to purchase a home.  I am under contract.  I had zero collections/etc.  Then, Sunday night - a $136 medical collection hit my account.  I panicked.  

Called the collection agency and paid it right away.  They stated they would not remove it.  Luckily, I had already been in process with our hospital to look into some financial assistance (long story short - husband had a stroke in 2020, we are in process of applying for SSDI/yada yada). The woman there sent an email to the collection agency to remove it while we were on the phone.  She was very nice.  So, now just waiting for the report to update.  It's always something!  Even with the collection, (which only hit one bureau), I still qualify, but I really don't need the stress.  Feels like I'm waiting for the "other shoe to drop", since owning a home has been such a dream of mine for so long.  

Global Service Bureau is the agency.  Very nasty company with a little added sprinkle of a rude customer service agent on top.  Lucky me! :-) 

Oh well - it's paid now, and will be removed. 

3 REPLIES 3
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Re: The Absolute Stress of Mortgage Closing - My Worst Fear Happened

@Anonymous wrote:

Geez Louise guys.  I don't know how much more I can take.  I have THROWN money at my debt and have raised my scores by an impressive amount to purchase a home.  I am under contract.  I had zero collections/etc.  Then, Sunday night - a $136 medical collection hit my account.  I panicked.  

Called the collection agency and paid it right away.  They stated they would not remove it.  Luckily, I had already been in process with our hospital to look into some financial assistance (long story short - husband had a stroke in 2020, we are in process of applying for SSDI/yada yada). The woman there sent an email to the collection agency to remove it while we were on the phone.  She was very nice.  So, now just waiting for the report to update.  It's always something!  Even with the collection, (which only hit one bureau), I still qualify, but I really don't need the stress.  Feels like I'm waiting for the "other shoe to drop", since owning a home has been such a dream of mine for so long.  

Global Service Bureau is the agency.  Very nasty company with a little added sprinkle of a rude customer service agent on top.  Lucky me! :-) 

Hopefully you already know this but medical collections are basically ignored by underwriting and the collection probably would not have caused any problems at all with your mortgage.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well - that's good to hear! I've heard that they don't look at medical items the same, but do they ignore it even if it's the cause of a score drop? It made my middle score drop from 639 to 606 (I need it to be at 620). Luckily, my previous low score is now at 624, so I still have a middle score of 620, but, I was panicking. Plus it was just so disheartening to see the huge PLUMMET! haha
Message 3 of 4
Pony4her
Regular Contributor

@VALoanMaster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hopefully you already know this but medical collections are basically ignored by underwriting and the collection probably would not have caused any problems at all with your mortgage.

What else is ignored by underwriting if I may ask?  Thanks in advance for responding 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.