Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official NACA mortgage thread

tag
KBincali
New Contributor

Re: The Official NACA mortgage thread

I looked too. Couldn't find anything. Sorry.
Message 4701 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chadius wrote:
Does NACA operate in Kansas? I'm having a hard time finding information that supports this.

I would contact them. They offer remote counseling for people who don't have a local office.

Message 4702 of 4,793
dfitzg
Regular Contributor

Tim, 

Can you help with what is expected on the LEO for Charge offs and collections with Balance? 

Message 4703 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Chadius,

NACA is in fact licensed for the state of Kansas. However we do not have any offices in Kansas at present.  Your best bet is to work with our Kansas City, MO office, which handles business for the state of Kansas.

Tim Trumble

Online Operations, NACA

Message 4704 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello dfitzg,

Honestly, if you have to ask, you are probably over-thinking it.

Address the letter "To Whom it May Concern"

Explain what the charged off debt was for

Explain why it was not paid

State what you have done to make sure it never happens again.

In short, keep it simple and to the point.

If it's any longer than this response, it's probably too long.

Tim Trumble

Online Operations, NACA

Message 4705 of 4,793
Amber-Lissette
New Contributor

Hi Tim,
I've been following for a while and have been seeing your responses (you are anyways so helpful, thanks!)
I am wondering if my situation so far is normal. I was submitted to underwriting for qualification October 22nd. On october 31st I was not qualified, with conditions listed. I satisfied those conditions and was resubmitted November 1st. I have not heard anything back yet. So, I am figuring about 10 days to hear back since thatd about what it was the first time. I've been good with not pestering my MC but just wanted to know if there was some sort of backlog going on now and if the normal turnaround timeframes have changed?
Thanks for your help!!
Message 4706 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Amber-Lissette,

Target turnaround times have not changed, but your suspicions are correct regarding a backlog.  However, the length of time since you say you were resubmitted does concern me a bit. Even with the underwriters providing back-office support for the Achieve the Dream events the past three weeks, you should still have gotten a response by now.  Unfortunately, NACA offices will be closed on Monday for Veterans' Day, so it will be Tuesday before you can contact your counselor or NACA Member Services to get an update. 

Please keep me updated on your progress.

Tim Trumble

Online Operations, NACA

Message 4707 of 4,793
Amber-Lissette
New Contributor

Thanks Tim! I was patient and qualified November 10th. In fact, my status skipped straight to Lender Application. I'm sure this will be corrected later. I have put an offer in and it has been accepted, so now I begin the next phase Smiley Happy I sent my MC all of my updated statements so I am hoping I will be submitted for credit access soon. Smiley Happy
Message 4708 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Amber-Lissette,

Glad to see you are continuing to move forward. If you haven't done so already, get that contract signed and submitted to your file ASAP, then make sure your counselor is aware that the contact is there.  Good job keeping the file updated. That will help you get through Credit Access approval faster.

Make sure to remain proactive, continue to keep the file updated and also keep us updated here.

Tim Trumble

Online Operations, NACA

Message 4709 of 4,793
Amber-Lissette
New Contributor

Hey Tim! Happy Holidays! It's been 2 weeks since the inspection, I reached out to the inspector because my MC said the report was not uploaded into my file. He says he will upload again. MC also said appraisal had not yet been ordered, is this typical? Currently i am waiting on one document from my landlord (which i hope to get today) to prove November rent was paid on time, for credit access. Estimated closing WAS December 23.... are we moving along like we need to be? (Inspection report showed no major repairs and sellers agreed to fix everything, contract was signed 11/19)
Message 4710 of 4,793
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.