Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official NACA mortgage thread

tag
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

Re: The Official NACA mortgage thread

I'm not having trouble uploading. I uploaded all of what they asked. Just wondering if I just give the LOE to them at the meeting or is there a way to upload it to web file because there is no tab for it.

Something has been bothering me non stop... I'll have 11 months rental history to provide from bank statements but I cannot seem to find the 12th month anywhere on my statements. I know I used a money order but cant find the receipt either. I'm praying that that the VOR from the leasing office will suffice for that missing receipt. I definitely paid all on time though. Its gonna bother me until I find out.
Message 4671 of 4,793
KBincali
New Contributor

Since you have gone to the event your situation is beyond my experience. I never met face to face with anyone. All docs have to be in your web file. I just don't know how you will have to do it if you don't have a couselor or local office to help you.

As far as rent, I had everything done with checks, so couldn't say how they will handle it. Member services is your best bet.

Now i'm curious about this event. Don't they refer you to anyone that can help you outside of their hours?
Message 4672 of 4,793
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

The event doesnt happen til the 21st. I went to a workshop only this far. I wont be assigned an MC til after the event because all the counselors are hands on for the event. I was given my NACA ID so I could upload prior to the event. My docs wont be looked at until that day though. There are tons of MC's in one building during the event so the event is to knock out step one through four. Which means no intake appointment. It's awesome that you were able to do all yours over the phone.
Message 4673 of 4,793
light_in_Spanish
Valued Member

I stopped trying to get a mortgage with them after, three counselors and not really good financial advise on how to improve. It is very unprofessional and be ready to get frustrated.  I am trying a different venue. My time is so much valuable than whatever it is they offer.

Message 4674 of 4,793
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello KBincali,

Just FYI, keep you eyes open for Achieve the Dream events in Sacramento and/or Seattle this fall, probably in October.

Tim Trumble

Online Operations, NACA

Message 4675 of 4,793
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

Kblincali already closed on her house last year I believe. She just still around helping out here as much as she can.
Message 4676 of 4,793
KBincali
New Contributor

Thanks, yes, I closed 12/2017. I had never heard of one in this area. Talking to my realtor, she said there was one about 10 years ago after the crash.
Message 4677 of 4,793
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

Went to the Houston Achieve the dream and got qualified and went to the purchase workshop there as well. Woohoo. I'll be house hunting soon!
Message 4678 of 4,793
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

I have some questions.

First off, I got qualified at the event and my counselor that I was assigned after has not been helpful.
First question, why does my counselor say that I wont be able to use the bank of America lender match if I'm using a grant to buy down my interest. He said only when my own funds are used that's when bofa matches the buy down.

Second, how long after you provide the employment verification and verification of rental are you supposed to hear something back. My counselor doesnt answer emails or calls so I'm going in circles. Its quite frustrating as I knew it would be.
Message 4679 of 4,793
KBincali
New Contributor

Congrats on qualifying.

I have no knowledge of lender matching, never heard of it. As far as the rest of it, sounds par for the course. There is no standard timeline, just when they can get to it.

I became a polite pest, emailing and calling everyone I could and copied all communications to everyone. If someone had dropped the ball they were all going to know it. No hiding. I included member services, my local office (my counselor was not local), my counselor's office and their boss. Kept the pressure up from all angles.

Good luck.
Message 4680 of 4,793
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.