cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The waiting game!! Let's stick together and update through the post!

tag
misscammiej
New Contributor

The waiting game!! Let's stick together and update through the post!

I cannot be the only one, coming here reading posts to pass the time! Let post here as we wait to close! 

Right now, I am waiting! I got my conditions from UW a few days ago, got everything together for that, so this is what my processor said yesterday: 

"What happens now is that once I receive the title, appraisal approved by our appraisal department, insurance I send everything along with what you sent me yesterday and today back into underwriting, and then we wait another 4 days for them to give us the clear to close. There are other internal things happening as well. Our verification department verifies employment. We have to reach out the IRS for official transcripts, etc. Some of those things take time. I feel very confident we can have an end of June closing."

We got our appraisal back already and that was great news as it was valued over asking price. Our closing date is July 1st. 

Anyone else???

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
aj1505
Established Member

Re: The waiting game!! Let's stick together and update through the post!

I've got a long wait ahead of me. I'm still waiting for the builder to get the permits from the state. Our estimated close date is Oct/Nov.

Starting Score: 550's
Current Score 2/20: EX: 668 MyFico: TU 676 EQ 676
Goal Score: 720s
Message 2 of 5
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Waiting for the house to be finished.  Driveway will be done by tuesday, carpeting goes in early in the week, trim carpenters will be in to finish the countertops (they hadn't arrived by the time the cabinets were delivered, so it couldn't all be done at once), and after that, it's just cleaning up some odds and ends.  I haven't been by the house to see if the dishwasher and oven were installed yet, but there's not much left to do.  Closing is scheduled for the 19th.  We will do our final walkthrough on the 12 or 13th.  As for the mortgage, everything the underwriter needs to clear us to close has to come from the builder other than the final appraisal.  Conditions have been satisfied, and our loan officer is working with the insurance company to get what she needs for that. 

Nothing to do but wait for the house to be done.  My guess is that they will complete everything but next friday...maybe tuesday the 11th at the latest.  Plenty of time for final inspections and paperwork to get sent so that we can close on time.  I really dont' care if it'sthe 19th or 20th as long as we can move on the 21st. 

Message 3 of 5
sgtodd

Supposed to sign on Monday and get the keys by the 7th.  I've been through the Appraisal, Inspection, UW and I'm still worried "something" is going to happen.

Message 4 of 5
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

my wife and I just went into contract on our new home build. submitted all of the docs, paystubs, w2s, statements, etc. signed 60 pages and are just sitting in underwriting. Have no clue what to expect. The house should take 6 months to complete, but hopefully we will get to breathe soon. Long journey ahead.

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.