Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thin File?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thin File?

Has anyone ever gotten a mortgage with a thin file? What has that process looked like?

I am looking to buy a house in spring 2021 and will likely have a mid mortgage score around 780. I will have nothing derogatory on my credit report, however I won't have a ton of positive either. One authorized user card ($2k and over a decade old), one secured card ($1k and 18 months old) and one secured loan (SELF $500 about 6 months old at that point with maybe $100 left owing on it). My DTI is basically nothing, as in I have no real debt, maybe $100 a month. I have a solid gov job that I have had for over 6 years making about $80k and a clean renting history. No real assets, but I will have about $30k cash for the house and my realator (family) is donating her commission towards my closing costs.

3 REPLIES 3
JVille
Valued Contributor

Re: Thin File?

As long as you don't do anything foolish and are keeping a close eye in your Mtg scores which you show you Middle Mtg at 687 you are fine. It's unfortunate with you profile you have not established some actual credit of your own. But your profile is fine.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, well, I screwed up my own credit a long time ago then spent 7 years living on cash waiting for things to drop off. I wish I had found this forum earlier and I would have done things differently. I could easily get credit now, but I worry that would screw up my numbers. I do have a 687 middle mtg score now, but that is because my last baddie is due to drop off Ex and Eq in the next few months. It has already dropped off of Tu and I expect that Ex and Eq will end up similar to Tu when it drops off them too.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The scores have gone up now. My middle mortgage is 777.
I still have a thin file, though Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.