Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This mortgage process is brutal

tag
User273165
Regular Contributor

This mortgage process is brutal

I have been going throught this mortgage process since 10.30.12 and this is just brutal.  The waiting game is the worst part, I am set to close on 12.10.12 and that date cannot come soon enough. 

I can do nothing but sit around and think about it.  An underwriter was assigned to my file yesterday so I am waiting to hear back about what her conditions are.  Hopefully I get the appraisal report today if not I will be waiting until Monday.

Does anyone have any tips on how not to freak out and not drive yourself completely insane during this process???

I just need to vent and I love this forum so I figured this was as good a place as any!

Thanks all

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
jessica04
Valued Member

Re: This mortgage process is brutal

Ha, wish I had an answer....I'm only in the beginning....counter offer after counter offer and I HATE the waiting too! very nerve wracking!

Starting Score: 674 8/2010
Current Score: Your TransUnion FICO® score:
On November 17, 2012

Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 15
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@AJC1987 wrote:

I have been going throught this mortgage process since 10.30.12 and this is just brutal.  The waiting game is the worst part, I am set to close on 12.10.12 and that date cannot come soon enough. 

I can do nothing but sit around and think about it.  An underwriter was assigned to my file yesterday so I am waiting to hear back about what her conditions are.  Hopefully I get the appraisal report today if not I will be waiting until Monday.

Does anyone have any tips on how not to freak out and not drive yourself completely insane during this process???

I just need to vent and I love this forum so I figured this was as good a place as any!

Thanks all

As far as I know, this is totally impossible....    Please share if you figure it out!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 15
GregB
Valued Contributor

Sounds like it has been very easy so far.

If you are still dealing with problems in January, then it is starting to become difficult.

Message 4 of 15
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Hang in there! You can always come back here to vent. Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 15
DemoBox
Established Member

my wife and I have been the doing the whole waiting game now for almost 3 months because it's a new build.  The waiting is def the worst part, but we tried to just look at the positive side of things and used the time to shop around for things we are going to need to get the best price possible.  Don't get me wrong, we still get stressed out from time to time, especially when the underwritter shoots us an email, but we get her the stuff she needs and move on with our day.  Best of luck!

Message 6 of 15
beb86
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@AJC1987 wrote:

Thanks all

As far as I know, this is totally impossible....    Please share if you figure it out!

Bahaha this is so true.....

It is brutal but it is so worth it...hang in there!!!

Message 7 of 15
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Yep, it is.  I was the same way, but it is so worth it.  I was told to just do what I needed to do to get it done.  "ItT'S NOT TIME TO RELAX YET. The time to enjoy is after it closes".  I hope those words prove to be golden for you too.

In the meantime vent all you need too.  It will be over b4 you know it and on that day...U will forget about all the stress and drama you encountered.

Hang in there.  Dance it off if possibleSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 15
ceejx
Established Contributor

@AJC1987 wrote:

Thanks all

right there with you brother.. I started on 11/3 and are set to close on 12/10 also.... I keep driving by the house and looking and walking around it... haven't figured if that helps me or hurts me.. also I spend my time looking for appliances I want to buy even tho I can't buy them till after closing

Message 9 of 15
beb86
Valued Contributor

And you seem to find yourself watching hgtv a little too much haha
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.