Did you mean: 

This mortgage process is brutal

tag
ceejx
Established Contributor

Re: This mortgage process is brutal

@beb86 wrote:
And you seem to find yourself watching hgtv a little too much haha

hahaha not yet... I watch DIY network, and bought myself a big book on rebuilding a deck Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 15
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

I feel your pain. I, too, started my own thread to document this process.  I am nervous and I haven't even gotten to underwriting yet!  I find myself looking at kitchen cabinets because that's my thing.  The kitchen in the house is just perfect, but I have a thing for cabinets!  Go figure.  Seller is leaving all appliances, incuding a brand new washer and dryer, microwave, all light fixtures and window treatments--which were handmade by his mother!  This house seems like it was dropped into my lap and I am just keeping my fingers crossed that the underwriting process goes just as smooth.  You are encouraged to vent away because it definitely helps to do that rather than rack your brain trying to figure out which part of your file the underwriters are up to yet or whether there will be any outlandish conditions that they request.  Best of luck to you!

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jasimae wrote:

I feel your pain. I, too, started my own thread to document this process.  I am nervous and I haven't even gotten to underwriting yet!  I find myself looking at kitchen cabinets because that's my thing.  The kitchen in the house is just perfect, but I have a thing for cabinets!  Go figure.  Seller is leaving all appliances, incuding a brand new washer and dryer, microwave, all light fixtures and window treatments--which were handmade by his mother!  This house seems like it was dropped into my lap and I am just keeping my fingers crossed that the underwriting process goes just as smooth.  You are encouraged to vent away because it definitely helps to do that rather than rack your brain trying to figure out which part of your file the underwriters are up to yet or whether there will be any outlandish conditions that they request.  Best of luck to you!

my situation is very similar .....appliances etc.  I feel like this is the home for my family and the waiting is tough.  It's been over a week since we completed our loan apps and or LO said the processor had our file this past wed and all was going as it should.  We must have our commitment letter by Thanksgiving day and closing is Dec 7th. 

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband and I are currently in underwriting and we are doing a construction. So while we are being told that we will close on 12/14, we are also being told that the house will be completed on 12/30. We have cash so we have already purchased our appliances and I tend to drive by the house almost everyday.

We have to keep teling ourselves to hang in there and it's all worth it.  It helps to have places like this where we can vent.

Message 14 of 15
ceejx
Established Contributor

@jasimae wrote:

nice! I get a crappy 1980's stove and an even crappier (but barely) microwave and dishwasher ..  I could only imagine the wonderful bits of 30yo food that still hangs out in those... going in the trash (or craigslist) first thing when I move in and will be replaced with fresh appliances I've been scouting out...

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.