Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tighter loan standards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tighter loan standards

I keep seeing in the news about the tighter loan standards, however no one is telling you what those new standards are.  I thought I was prepared for a new home, but I wonder what they new standards are and if there will be any effect. 

Does anyone know what the latest "loan standards" for prime mortgages are? 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tighter loan standards

You need an 850 FICO score.

Just kidding.

Lenders are all over the board.  I talked to a bank last week and they said 620 for the best rate (no points).  Yes, no kidding.  Others say 680.  I haven't heard anyone say 720 for the best rate.

But, I think alot of it depends on where you live, because some markets have taken a very bad beating, so some lenders may be shy about lending in certain geographical areas.  But I don't think that there is one straight answer out there to give.  It varies.

Sorry I can't be of more help.  And sorry about the heart attack (850 score comment).  Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Tighter loan standards

if you are over 60% LTV on conventional.... 720 for best rate. So, maddog, now you have heard it. LOL
rate adjustments for fico scores are the new thing.

97% max financing except for a few low/moderate income special programs.

FHA is king!!!

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.