cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many new cc accounts for mortgage approval?

tag
jay0
Established Member

Re: Too many new cc accounts for mortgage approval?

The process with quicken took 31 days. And yes all online, very easy, almosy seemed too easy, worked out great, very happy with the house, thanks.
Message 11 of 14
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Not sure why your original Broker was giving you a hard time. I was just approved for a 200k purchase gtd by FHA and the lender (my credit union) did not even mention to me the fact that I have approx 12 new accts over the last year. She was impressed that my UT is under 5% and that I have no late pays since 2012. She stated that she was mainly looking at my scores, income and ensuring that it was 3 yrs or close to that since my BK was discharged (Nov 2012). She was also surprised that my wife and I have such high scores so fresh out of BK. She said my scores were 676, 693, 709 and my wife's scores were 680, 712 and 705. My goal prior to purchasing a property was to have all three scores over 700. Close but no cigar!

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 12 of 14
Wovenyarn
Regular Contributor

I had quite a few new accounts because I wasn't planning on getting a house within 6 months...one account was opened less than a month before I applied. My LO started the process and pulled my credit reports again about 2 weeks later and never mentioned it afterwards.  I think different companies have special overlays that make them more cautious than others. 

Freedom $3k, DCU $5k, BoA Rewards $1k, BoA Americard $2k, Barclay's Ring $3k, Cap 1 Plat $2k, QS1 $2k, Discover IT $500, Lowe's $10k

Scores: EQ 687, TU 709, EX 692
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am just starting a loan process through Quicken and so far so good. Very professional and so far working at a good pace.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.