Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too much availible Credit on CC

tag
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Too much availible Credit on CC

I have been over in the CC forum for the last several months. 

MyFico are all getting near 800.  Income is good, debt is low.

Considering a home loan in early 2014.

What is the story with I have too much availible credit ?  Is this common ?

Did I go over board with credit cards ?

Thanks

J

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Too much availible Credit on CC

Who is telling you that you have too much available credit? FICO scoring doesn't care about your limits, only your utilization.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
IOBA
Senior Contributor

I have been told that too - too much available credit.

That was from a credit union, by a person in underwriting, who turned down my application for a credit card after I had already passed everything else in their system and after a human had told me I was approved.  My utilization was/is always VERY low (well below the 5% mark), no lates, no month to month carry over debt (I pay everything every cycle in full).

I also (JUST) had the "too much available credit" affect my home owners insurance.  Apparently, according to the broker, statistically, if you have a lot of unused available credit you are a much higher risk for filing an insurance claim.   That makes no sense to me.  Logically, it's the people who have too much debt that would be more likely to file a claim because they can not afford to fix it themselves.

As for a mortgage, I have NEVER been told that.  EVER.  I wouldn't worry about it.  Don't close out any accounts.

Message 3 of 4
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for reply.

I have not been told that from any mortgage lender as of yet.  I just read some places about it.

I have great payment history, long AAoA, no baddies at all, good employment.

If anything you would think a bank would see how stable and responsible I am.

I am not too worried about it.

Thanks

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.