Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torn out please help! removing "In Dispute" verbiage lowered scores

tag
thematrix

Torn out please help! removing "In Dispute" verbiage lowered scores

Hello Experts,

I am in the market for a mortgage. Have diligently worked to rebuild. The score were in the 760+ range for all 3 CRA's. Applied for a preapproval, was informed cannot be approved immediately because of disputes on collection accounts that have been paid actually. I have two collection accounts with Hunter Warfield from Jan 2007. The other baddie was a 30 day late from HSBC 1.5 years ago.

With the help from  ShanetheMortgageMan's (thank you so much! for such useful info!) thread on contacting CRA's to remove the "In Dispute" verbiage on my accounts, I could get rid of the comments from my EX and EQ reports, still working with TU. However to my shock I noticed that my credit score dropped by 80 points. Is this expected that removing the comments lowers the score so drastically. Please help..Smiley Sad.Do I stand a chance, my utilization is under 5%. I am ready to put down 10% down. Please suggest........Anybody had any luck with Hunter Warfiled to remove a paid collection...?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Torn out please help! removing "In Dispute" verbiage lowered scores

It looks as if the disputed accounts weren't being factored into your previous score. Removing them corrected it.

Try searching the rebuilding forum to see how others have gotten things done with HW.

It might also be helpful asking a mod to move your thread to rebuilding. Many have recently posted about this company, it's very likely they'll help!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
thematrix

Thanks drkaje for your response. I hope they do not reage the accounts...

Message 3 of 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

The accounts should not be reaged from removing disputes.

As mentioned the accounts were not included in your credit scores because of disputes. This is one of the reasons why lenders want all disputes to be removed from credit reports.

You should still qualify for a mortgage depending on other factors and the type of loan you are applying for.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.