Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tri Merge Report

tag
sharpie
Regular Contributor

Tri Merge Report

Good morning,

I am days away from applying for a mortgage and want to verify that the mortgage scores shown on here are accurate and are what is shown on a Tri-Merge report.  I'm getting USDA direct (which unfortunately as of last week now hangs in the balance due to election, Congress, etc. and you can't even get a COE for about 45 days) and he told me what they pull and I THINK it's the same, but the only info I find in the forums is from 2015 so I am hoping for updated information.  I don't want to get a hard pull until I'm ready to get one, but because I am quite close I also want to know exactly what I'm dealing with here.

Thanks in advance for any info.

7 REPLIES 7
JVille
Valued Contributor

Re: Tri Merge Report

Simple answer is yes... the 3 Bureau Fico report is exactly what Used to be called a TriMerge report. Fico 2,4, & 5 are the Mortgage scores used  "near"  Universally by all mortgage lenders. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 8
sharpie
Regular Contributor

Re: Tri Merge Report

Thanks.  That's what I was thinking but wanted to verify. 

Message 3 of 8
sharpie
Regular Contributor

Re: Tri Merge Report ( another question)

Although all 3 of my scores are now high enough to qualify and be a streamlined process, I have another question.  2 highest scores are identical to each other, 3rd score is 12 points lower.  Would they then just use the top score because of this?  Or do some math thing where they average them all?  Just curious in case I mess something up and a score drops for some unforseen reason.  Thanks again.

Message 4 of 8
JVille
Valued Contributor

The Middle Score is always used and if there are two borrowers the Lowest Middle Score is used. In my person case, my husbands middle score is significantly higher than mine so my score is always the one used.

Message 5 of 8
sharpie
Regular Contributor

It is only me, no other party.  My scores are 669 669 and 656.  No real "middle" one.  What do they use?

Message 6 of 8
DebtStinks
Established Contributor

They'll use the 669. They don't average your scores. It doesn't matter if they're all the same or all different. They throw out the lowest and highest of the 3 scores.

Make sense?

NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 (Opened 1/19) - NFCU Platinum $21000 (Opened 1/21) - TTCU Platinum Visa $10000 (Opened 10/18) - Discover $5500 (Opened 11/21) - Barclays View MC $5000 (Opened 1/19) - Capital One Platinum $3500 (Opened 2/19) - Capital One World Elite MC $1000 (Opened 3/21) - Target Store Card $2000 (Opened 10/18) - Floor & Decor Store Card $42500 (Opened 10/18)
Closed - PenFed $35,000 - Cap1 World Elite MC $11,200
Total CL - $115500

CH7 BK Filed 8/1/17 Discharged 11/7/17

Scores as of 2/18/21:

Inquiries Last 12 Months:
Message 7 of 8
sharpie
Regular Contributor

Thanks, and Yes, totally!  It was what I assumed, but wanted clarification and forgot to ask the guy at USDA.  But he did assure me everything looked good and I told him every single bad thing I could come up with.  So, yeah.  And although I am not preapproved and won't be for at minimum a month, I get to look at the house tomorrow.  If it's not moldy I'm putting in an offer.  (My whole reason to move right now is mold.)

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.