Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to reach 640 (USDA)

tag
ledzep75
Established Member

Trying to reach 640 (USDA)

Helping out a friend. His scores were pulled earlier today showing  613 as mid score (590 and 622 other two). He Would qualify for FHA (600) required with lender, but he does not have the 3.5 upfront fee at moment. He only has two payments that are reporting to bureaus - $350 loan from finance co. and a secure credit card obtained about 6 months ago. His secured card has $300 limit and he has been paying minimum of $25 a month leaving a bal. of $275. My question is if he were to pay around $200 down on his card leaving $75 balance, is there a possibility this may "jump" his score to 640 ?    * He is OK on income and ratios   **Appreciate all responses.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to reach 640 (USDA)

How old is his credit file?  Any deliquencies? 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would recommend having him pay off that card down to 8% which is 22.00. You get the most points this way. But I don't think it would jump up that many points but I could be wrong. Also what bureau is his mid score from? And does that card report to that bureau? Also, are these his FICO mortage scores that were pulled or just the general Fico ones?

Message 3 of 7
ledzep75
Established Member

less than 2 years

Message 4 of 7
ledzep75
Established Member

Mid score is Transunion (613)

Message 5 of 7
ledzep75
Established Member

Assume they were Fico mortgage scores since a mortgage lender pulled scores

Message 6 of 7
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

Have your friend open another revolving card account and keep that balance below 30% at all times between now and the day after he closes his USDA loan.

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.