cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**UPDATE** NFCU Called ready to CLOSE** NFCU Mortgage - Scheduled to Close the 18th

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

**UPDATE** NFCU Called ready to CLOSE** NFCU Mortgage - Scheduled to Close the 18th

Painters scheduled to go in and do 3800sq ft interior paint +garage next weekend + new appliances set to arrive as well then move in following weekend Smiley Happy 

--

I could be clueless but this all seems simple/smooth. 

We called in pre-qualified/approved>flew to AZ>picked a house> offer accepted>signed>wired earnest money>inspected>everythings turned in. 

Am I missing something?  I read posts and it seems terrifying like theres so much to do or be afraid of happening?  Im afraid Im ignorant and somethings going to happen lol.  Appreciate any feedback, we did ask for a rate reduction based on rates dropping and they said theyd take care of it one time courtesy request.

DP's:

728 & 746 mortage scores for me and the wife. 

Combined maybe 3% usage. 

1 car loan opened currently, no other loans.

No bad payments or bad marks on our credit reports. 

Combined $300k income 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Mortgage - Scheduled to Close the 18th

That's wonderful to hear... please keep us updated...I plan on using NFCU as well Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

We called in pre-qualified/approved>flew to AZ>picked a house> offer accepted>signed>wired earnest money>inspected>everythings turned in. 

Am I missing something?  I read posts and it seems terrifying like theres so much to do or be afraid of happening?  Im afraid Im ignorant and somethings going to happen lol.  Appreciate any feedback, we did ask for a rate reduction based on rates dropping and they said theyd take care of it one time courtesy request.

DP's:

Combined maybe 3% usage. 

Combined $300k income 

Nope, you're not missing anything. It is that simple and does go that smooth when all your chickens are in order so-to-speak. The same thing happened to me a little over a year ago when I applied for a mortgage through NFCU. The loan processor told me that my application was the easiest she had worked with in a long time. It made me feel pretty special. 

Enjoy this moment of a smooth transition. It really is nice.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

DP's:

Combined maybe 3% usage. 

Combined $300k income 

Nope, you're not missing anything. It is that simple and does go that smooth when all your chickens are in order so-to-speak. The same thing happened to me a little over a year ago when I applied for a mortgage through NFCU. The loan processor told me that my application was the easiest she had worked with in a long time. It made me feel pretty special. 

Enjoy this moment of a smooth transition. It really is nice.

Nice.  only hickup we had was they accepted my offer and we signed friday afternoon and the folowwing monday was a holiday so no progress was made and we had to have the inspection done in the first 10 days :-p  

All squared away though.  Cant wait to get keys Smiley LOL seeing how the garage is ALMOST the size of our condo in San Francisco and less for the mortgage than rent i've been paying for 15 years lol

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That's wonderful to hear... please keep us updated...I plan on using NFCU as well Smiley Happy

will do. just make sure you ask your escrow company/lender/realtor if they need anything every day like I am haha.  Turns out some need stuff or are waiting on others and our Mortgage person was re-assigned or she was terminated / non-responsive after our insurance sent the info to her we had to call and get them to resend to the new Lender working on our stuff because her coworker disappeared lol

Message 5 of 7
AZEsq
Regular Contributor

Nope. When your financial house is in order, buying is easy lol. It's when there are "challenges" to overcome that it can be stressful. The first time we bought a house, we decided to buy in January, looked for three weeks, and closed in March because the sellers wanted to move out over spring break. We could've closed in February--but our lease was up in April so we were happy to give them the time they needed.

Overall, sounds just about right. Good luck and enjoy!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AZEsq wrote:

Nope. When your financial house is in order, buying is easy lol. It's when there are "challenges" to overcome that it can be stressful. The first time we bought a house, we decided to buy in January, looked for three weeks, and closed in March because the sellers wanted to move out over spring break. We could've closed in February--but our lease was up in April so we were happy to give them the time they needed.

Overall, sounds just about right. Good luck and enjoy!

Wow, we looked for a 90% move in ready place w/out current occupancy :-p  Painters are scheduled to go in the weekend after it closes and we are moving end of the month unless we are told differently and do not get the keys next week hah.  My lease has been up for about 8 years.  So glad to be going home Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.