Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Direct Loan - Pennsylvania ** CLOSED**

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA Direct Loan - Pennsylvania **Updated 04/03/2019

I am trying to be excited, but I made a very low offer on the home hoping it would appraise higher and I could get closing costs covered by the loan. I am not sure if this is going to happen though; this whole thing is riding on the appraisal, which still doesn't have a date and it was ordered a week ago Smiley Sad So right now I am a nervous wreck and don't want to disappoint my kids. 

Message 11 of 53
stinastina
Established Contributor

Hang in there ! The whole process is about waiting for other people to do their job. It's frustrating but things are moving faster in your state.

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 12 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA Direct Loan - Pennsylvania

****04/09/19 Had termite, pest and home inspection done yesterday. Inspector was very thorough, it took 4 hours for the inspection. Paid him at the end. Called USDA office to see if there is any news as to when the appraisal will even be scheduled, she did not answer. It has been 13 days and still no word on who is going to do it or when it is to be done. This seems to be the last BIG obstacle that stands in my way of owning my own home! Hope to hear something soon!

Message 13 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

04/10/19 Spoke with the rep at the USDA, was told that she received my Verification of Employment. She also told me that the national office is backed up so it may be another two weeks till my appraisal is even scheduled. So based off of the timeline of others I have seen, usually 2 weeks to get the results back. I am assuming it could be about another month till I even get my appraisal back. This is very frustrating... 

Message 14 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

My appraisal was done on 3/28 (Thursday) and was back on 4/3.  So less than a week.  Hope that helps.

Message 15 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA Direct Loan - Pennsylvania **Updated 04/19/2019

04/19/19- Received a list of needed repairs from the USDA on 04/12/19 - seller agreed to fix most of them. I need get quotes on someone to come and look at the furnace and the air conditioner for life expectancy. It has been 21 days since an appraisal was "ordered". I have been told there is still no one to do it and no one knows when it is going to happen I just have to wait till someone gets to it. This is ridiculous almost a month to even schedule an appraisal really!!!!!!

Message 16 of 53
stinastina
Established Contributor

So the repairs are based on the inspection ?

I don't understand why the main USDA office needs to schedule the appraisal or is it the main state office ?

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 17 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I had to send a copy of the report to my USDA office and they sent me a list of repairs that will need to be made. If you get a USDA direct loan they order the appraisal so I am at the mercy of them.
Message 18 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA Direct Loan - Pennsylvania **Updated 04/23/2019

04/23/19- Tried to call the USDA today, no answer. Called my realtor today to see if the sellers or their agent have heard from the appraiser yet... THEY DID! The appraisal is scheduled for tomorrow 04/24/19 hopefully I get the results back quickly. I still haven't heard anything from the USDA telling me the appraisal is happening even though I know it is scheduled. I wonder how long it will take them to let me know. 

Message 19 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA Direct Loan - Pennsylvania **Updated 04/30/2019

04/30/19- Received appraisal, house only appraised for what I offered. Unfrotunately I don't have the funds for closing costs. So I think I may not be able to get the home. This is very upsetting. If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.  

Message 20 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.